Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking iPhone 1.1.2 OTB "REQUEST"

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Unlocking iPhone 1.1.2 OTB "REQUEST"
    Has there been any progress on unlocking the iPhone 1.1.2 OTB without the turbosim, stealthsim etc???

I have read through so many claims to have unlocked the iPhone without them which turn out to be completely wrong or just people using the wrong terminology eg, unlocking/jailbreaking.

Is it not possible to use something like iphone browser or winscp to manipulate the iPhone files to thinking that it is activated???

Thanks to eveyone who replies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mwr_allen View Post
    Has there been any progress on unlocking the iPhone 1.1.2 OTB without the turbosim, stealthsim etc???

I have read through so many claims to have unlocked the iPhone without them which turn out to be completely wrong or just people using the wrong terminology eg, unlocking/jailbreaking.

Is it not possible to use something like iphone browser or winscp to manipulate the iPhone files to thinking that it is activated???

Thanks to eveyone who replies.
    You're using the wrong terminology too, and adding to the heap of threads about unlocking 1.1.2.

1.1.2 OTB can be activated and jailbroken, but not unlocked.

When it can be unlocked there will be solid evidence on the forum. Just check every couple of days
    To live, you have to lie

but i vist the http://www.stealthsimtounlock.com/index.asp and they say that it works... does any one try that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure that works. The StealthSim is a sim emulator. It is placed over your non-AT&T sim and it tricks your iPhone into treating it like an AT&T sim.

I use the NextSim which does the same thing.

This is different from a software unlock which has not been possible since November when AAPL upgraded the bootloader. I dont think there will be a software unlock anytime soon but all of this is a matter of opinion.

NO but there is always Turbosims.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

The unlock of the 1.1.2 otb will come out after the firmware 1.1.3 comes out because the dev team want Apple to put the same bootloader to the 1.1.3 to unlock it also...