Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tips on Pwning your 1G iPhone to 2.0

Default Tips on Pwning your 1G iPhone to 2.0
    I managed to update my iPhone 1.1.4 to 2.0 and everything seems to be working 100%.

This is the tutorial I used:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated]

You will need a Mac to do this.

Other resources:
    blog.iphone-dev.org
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...-0-pwnage.html

You will also need to upgrade your iTunes to 7.7 if you haven't done it already.

The jailbreak and unlock is fairly straightforward with the Pwnage Tool.

The one thing I found tricky was getting the phone into DFU mode. If it says something about DFU mode failed, open the log in the Pwnage Tool and see if it gives you an error along the lines of:

LOG:
    2008-07-20 04:34:54 - Successfully built custom .ipsw file at '/Users/q/Desktop/iPhone1,2_custom.ipsw'.
    2008-07-20 04:34:57 - Failed to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw file.

If thats the case open Terminal and paste the following in (including the quotes):

mkdir "~/Library/iTunes/Device Support"

Then redo the tutorial again.

It took about 20 minutes to do the whole thing.

If your mail app doesn't work after you upgraded you need to install a Terminal/SSH app on your phone with Cydia packager and then type the following into the Terminal:

su chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile/Library/Mail

It will ask for a password which is: alpine

First app I installed from the iTunes App Store was the Remote app. It really is awesome. You can control your whole iTunes on your Mac with the phone.

Default Itunes Crashes after Using Pwnage 2.0
    Ever sence i have updated my 1st gen unlocked tmo iphone from firmware 1.1.4 to 2.0 my itunes keeps crashing when i sync my iphone . Right when it gets to the music part of the sync process is where my itunes crashes . CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ?????

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Have you tried to re-install iTunes?