Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AnySim vs TurboSim

Default AnySim vs TurboSim
    What are the pros and cons of either one? I've got a 1.1.2 which I downgraded to the 1.1.1 but now that the 1.1.3 is looking like its gonna mess with our brains for awhile, what do you think is the best solution? I'm also seeing alot more turbosims on the market (like ebay) and are people taking chances buying them there rather than buying from bladox?

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

I have. I am seeing prices from Bladox's Turbo sim getting as high as 180. Hell, I got 15 for an average price of 55 and you can get singles for as little as 70.

I have used the black Stealth Sim and the NetSim v2. Both worked perfectly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to taylorcold For This Useful Post:

bobsco (2008-01-07)

Thanks

TurboSIM- Supposadly no bricking, thats the only real pro i can think of. Con's is its not a true unlock or as easy as one.

AnySIM-Pros so easy a idiot, and many have, can use, real software unlock, cons bricking next update, just wait and you wont get bricked though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

bobsco (2008-01-07)

TURBOSIMS are safer well not the programming ones the pre-programmed ones.

There easier to use. But they cost money.

Anysim is free but it bricks your iphone. It messes with the BASEBAND which is the process went wrong GOD knows what can happen to your iphone.

Good thing is its free.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

bobsco (2008-01-07)

i use turbosim and its great! currently anysim etc dont work for 1.1.2 otb. Judging by your post, am i right in thinking your was a 1.1.2 OTB (out the box - eg it came with 1.1.2 when you bought it)? If so, currently turbosim etc is your only chance of unlocking....and since the 1.1.3 is so close to release (speculated 14th jan) you may wanna hold back because i dont think its been 100% confirmed whether or not the new baseband will mess up the turbosim stuff.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

bobsco (2008-01-07)

I doubt it will mess Turbosims up. ^^

11. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

bobsco (2008-01-07)

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    I doubt it will mess Turbosims up. ^^
    I've heard rumours that it will...because turbosim works basically due to an exploit or something in the baseband stuff. If the new baseband fixes the issue then we're buggered lol

But fingers crossed turbosims will be unaffected

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    i use turbosim and its great! currently anysim etc dont work for 1.1.2 otb. Judging by your post, am i right in thinking your was a 1.1.2 OTB (out the box - eg it came with 1.1.2 when you bought it)? If so, currently turbosim etc is your only chance of unlocking....and since the 1.1.3 is so close to release (speculated 14th jan) you may wanna hold back because i dont think its been 100% confirmed whether or not the new baseband will mess up the turbosim stuff.

Dont suppose you have a photo of the TurboSIM? Alot of ebay sellers are calling their HyperCards Clones TurboSIMS... I am just trying to get to the bottom of which is which here... too many clones on the market. Makes it hard to support a specific product... or offer useful guides etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyxbmc View Post
    Dont suppose you have a photo of the TurboSIM? Alot of ebay sellers are calling their HyperCards Clones TurboSIMS... I am just trying to get to the bottom of which is which here... too many clones on the market. Makes it hard to support a specific product... or offer useful guides etc.
    check out the bladox official site (www.bladox.com) think they got pics on there.

Also check out http://www.theiphoneman.co.uk/turbosim.html - it looks exactly like that mate, just without the web addy over the black chip lol

... few piccy's

Should come in the plastic envelope you see above

Those turbosim need hours of programing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

In answer to your question about the Devs, no the good folks who assisted with software unlocking in the past, are probably still alive but as I have said many times, they are not really working on this. The problems are too daunting and even when AAPL comes out with 1.1.3, the software lock will not be forthcoming.

So...the DEVS are not dead. They are going on with their lives and probably amused at all the plaintive posts here anticipating the time of the next software unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    In answer to your question about the Devs, no the good folks who assisted with software unlocking in the past, are probably still alive but as I have said many times, they are not really working on this. The problems are too daunting and even when AAPL comes out with 1.1.3, the software lock will not be forthcoming.

So...the DEVS are not dead. They are going on with their lives and probably amused at all the plaintive posts here anticipating the time of the next software unlock.
    SO IS A SOFTWARE UNLOCK COMING?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Those turbosim need hours of programing.
    Hours of programming? I'm intrigued to know what about programming this chip took you hours. It takes like 15 minutes with a few sim swaps (and thats if you are doing it for the first time).

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

SO IS A SOFTWARE UNLOCK COMING?
    Some say yes, some say no. If we are able to get a leak from apple with the secpack things would move faster. With the hardcore encryption on the thing now, its likely that it will be cracked directly from the phone, but stranger things have happened. It is definitely not impossible, but perhaps fairly improbable. I say buy a turbosim, most likely will always be able to do something that allows a turbosim to work. Plus your warranty stays intact and restores are much smoother sailing.