Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone return to Apple Store?

Default Unlocked iPhone return to Apple Store?
    my iphone kicked the bucket after being plugged into a monster FM transmitter. The Repair needed warning came up, and now the phone cannot be turned on, even after being charged for a day. When plugged into a computer, it reads only occasionally, and restores do nothing.
    I am going to try and return it to the Apple Store from which I bought it.
    My question is have any of you returned a phone to the Apple Store that has been modded or unlocked successfully?
    Since the phone will not even turn on, I am wondering if this will work since they will not know it has been unlocked.
    Have any of you had any luck doing so? And if so, do they ask questions like what is your ATT account, etc.? Because I am not currently with ATT.
    So if any of you have any info at all, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Banned
    Thanks

well if they can't turn it on ur safe. they wont ask any ATT questions so dont worry about that (i am almost positive). the only thing i would be worried about would be them actually fixing it and turning it on and shoving the phone back in ur face

Yes I have. My phone did the same thing I plugged it in to a car charger and it fried my phone. I took it to apple and they replaced it. I hadn't connected it to AT&T so they had no record of me. Good luck I feel your pain.

i've swapped out about 5 iphones with apple and no att account i usually send my wife in because she's hot and the guys there are dorks. it helps. especially when the phones have been opened/unlocked/dropped... lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobzking For This Useful Post:

adam_hussynec (2008-01-08)

once I bought a phone from ATT.

While unlocking my laptop shut down! LMAO

The iPhone was constantly resetting it self. wouldnt load up.

i went back to the ATT store and said when i opened the iphone it was like this.

they said call apple.

I called apple they sent me a loaner phone + the replacement!

Thanks

Someones in for a nasty shock when they buy a refurbished iPhone next firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by robsiphone View Post
    Yes I have. My phone did the same thing I plugged it in to a car charger and it fried my phone. I took it to apple and they replaced it. I hadn't connected it to AT&T so they had no record of me. Good luck I feel your pain.
    so you took it to the apple store and what did you say, and what happened?
    no questions asked they just gave you a new one??

Yup, pretty much. They took a look at it, tried to turn it on but of course it wasn't going to i tried it like 50,000 times lol. They asked me if i had an AT&t acct. and I said no this happened before i was able to activate it. So then they went to the back, got another one and repaced it. Thats it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to robsiphone For This Useful Post:

adam_hussynec (2008-01-08)