Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: activate at&t 1.1.2 jealbroken iphone

Default activate at&t 1.1.2 jealbroken iphone
    hello how do i activate my jailbroken iphone? i have a new sim caed inserted in the iphone but it says "this iphone must me used with an approved sim" what should i do? any help will be greatly appreciated.

please help.. thank you
    Last edited by chris1981; 2008-01-06 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Is it an AT&T SIM card? Was it unlocked and you just updated it to 1.1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Is it an AT&T SIM card? Was it unlocked and you just updated it to 1.1.2?
    yes its a AT&T card and it was unlocked and i updated to 1.1.2. thank you

Chris1981,

I just fixed what appears to be the same problem you had. All I did was put the new sim in the iphone and restored to 1.1.2. Do not restore from backup.

I think because I initially activated with AT&T I have been able to restore successfully every time I upgraded. I started with a 1.0.2 week 43 8gb iphone, then jailbroke and unlocked it after upgrading to 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. I never had a problem with youtube or any other program. As of about 2 hours ago, I switched from T-Mobile back to AT&T. So I was where you are now..

Jailbroken and unlocked 1.1.2 with a 3.9 bootloader and modem firmware of 4_02.13_g. Assuming your IMEI is still correct, may I suggest that you do the same thing I did, as stated above. Place your NEW sim in the phone, connect to itunes, and restore. If it asks you to restore from a previous save, say NO. You want a brand new restore so that you can get the activation screen. Good luck.