Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NoSim error with stealthsim

Default NoSim error with stealthsim
    Hello I'm just wondering if anyone else has that problem, I unlocked my OTB 1.1.2 iPhone with the black stealthsim, after 3 sweaty and stressing hours of hard work I finaly got the damn thing to fit in there with my rogers wireless's sim and it unlocked perfectly but from time to time I get the "No sim" error. At first I thought it was a problem with the placement of the sim in the phone but when I reboot my phone the error goes away and my phone work perfect again so im guessing its not a placement problem... What could it be ?

ps.: While im here.. any idea how to get the sim out of there now ? It fit in so freaking tight I cant imagine the paper clip technic will still work if i ever have to take the thing out..
    Last edited by gotmilk; 2008-01-05 at 10:17 PM.

try more buddy somethimes **** happend .
    I had that problem in that case I just take stealthsim out and put 1mill on one left /right side and it work .

I have that problem ith my fido SIM and its really getting quite annoying...

ya, it took me a few tries too. very tight fit. not as easy sliding in as the video. using fido card as well. just tried like the other member said, 1mm to the left/right and then jiggle a bit and it'll eventually work. once in i too thought it might not come out, but the pin does pop it out enought for you to pull it out with your fingers.
    good luck.

Well considering the amount of time it took me to get the freaking thing in there i'm not planning on taking it out unless I have to return my iPhone to apple (which is gonna be a pain in the *** I guess since I'm in canada and i'm normaly not allowed to have this here .. ?) or if stealthsim finaly answers to my problem by shipping me another one. But anyways if anyone finds a solution the to recurant no sim error witht the stealth please IM me back or post here to help that other dude who has the same problem!

-Thank you!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

this has happened with my "iTurbosim" as well. the funny thing is, it only happens if i restart my phone, so i try my best not to if i didn't have to...the worst part is, i had to restart my phone today, it came back with "No Sim" and now i just cannot get it to work AT ALL. it's driving me nuts...

well the problem i have to the contrary is solved by restarting thephone and happens randomly when my phome is idle

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i wish mine was solved that easily. I actually just got a stealthsim. going to see if that works better. Will let you know

I heard it has something to do with 1.1.2 checking the sim each time you switch towers. It rechecks the sim and gets the no sim error.

I have been reading some threads about the stealthsim either not working, and giving you a no sim and no service. So today the stealthsim attacked me. I was hit with a no service followed by a no sim. Attempted to restart the iPhone about 25 times and removing the sim to reposition the stealth and sim. Nothing worked. Just a FYI I have been using my iPhone with stealthsim for the past 4 weeks with no problem up until a few days ago.

So I went over to the T-mobile store and told them that my sim card was not reading with my phone ( I dint bring the iPhone) and they gaddly replaced me with a new sim card. I asked whether it was a 32k or a 64K and the rep guy told me it was a 64K.

Went home, cut the sim card, placed double sided tape on it and slided in perfectly. Restarted my iphone a few times and now it works. I won't say how long this will last (knock on wood) but if the stealth does not read your sim card, try replacing it.