Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some noob questions about upgrading and unlocking (1.1.4 -> 2.0 or 1.1.4 -> 1.1.4)

Default Why downgrade from 2.0 and some questions (1.1.4 -> 2.0 or 1.1.4 -> 1.1.4)
    Hi,

I'm a noob with a 1.1.4 unlocked phone. I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to 2.0 and tried looking around in forums for help. However, instead of finding instructions on how to upgrade, I'm seeing plenty of threads on how to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4.

May I ask what is wrong with the 2.0 firmware on a 1st gen 8GB iphone? The only clue I got is that it will locked up the phone. I have a turbo-sim card with me, will it work?

In addition, my baseband was regretfully downgraded by Ziphone to 3.9 (thanks to my noob-ness) and will it cause any problems?

My phone is currently suffering from intermittent lose of power whenever I click on the home button to wake up the phone. I'm thinking of either upgrading it to 2.0 or redoing a restore back to 1.1.4 using Winpwn. Are there any risk on this originally 1.1.2 OTB phone?

Thanks
    Last edited by n3570r; 2008-07-19 at 12:00 PM.

You may try the turbo-sim card for 2.0.
    I never listen any one said use it can activate.....