Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [B]Visual Voicemail on Jailbroken OTB 1.1.2 with Legit o2 Contract[/B]

Question [B]Visual Voicemail on Jailbroken OTB 1.1.2 with Legit o2 Contract[/B]
    Hi all i currently have a jailbroken otb uk 1.1.2 iphone it is on a propper o2/apple contract so everything is ligit so im wondering if it is actually possible to get visual voicemail working as i am on a propper contract with o2 or is there no way to to it as its jailbroken??

Any help would be much appreciated Thanks.

Anybody got any ideas??

i don't think a jailbreak affect the visual voice mail possibilities of your phone..

you might just wanna try it?

ya jailbreaking your phone wont effect visual voicemail but if it was unlocked and used with another carrier it would not work

How would i get it working again then? Because at the moment when i click on the voicemail button nothing happens its like its not registering being pressed...

try holding in the one key on the dial pad if that does not work you may have to restore and rejailbreak same happened to me and it required a restore

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi, I was in exactly the same situation as you with a legit O2 contract and when I jailbroke my iPhone the voicemail didnt work but I found this tutorial in modmyi.com and it worked fine for me.

See below.

Voicemail hack:
    Firstly, you need BSD subsystem. This can be installed using the installer application. It is in the "System" subfolder.

Allow this to install (could take some time).

Now, SSH into your iPhone, a recommended program to do this is PuTTY (google it).

Now, inside putty, you'll have to log in, if you installed SSH as instructed before, then your default password will be "alpine".

once logged in, just copy and paste these commands in:

rm /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.carrier.plist

ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/O2_UK.plist /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.carrier.plist

rm -f /var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

one after another.

Now reboot, and you should be able to click your way to voicemail .

(Adapted from the tutorial here: http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit.../o2ukJailbreak)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mwr_allen For This Useful Post:

jcisthebest2000 (2008-01-11)

I used this, make sure you "reset all" after doing it though. Works a treat now

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19794

Don't use the SMS fix though unless you think you need to, i didn't want to risk it
    Last edited by B1naryBand1t; 2008-01-10 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B1naryBand1t View Post

Don't use the SMS fix though unless you think you need to, i didn't want to risk it

When you say "reset all" what do you mean by that ..

and just to confirm this is to get visual voicemail working not just normal voicemail??

Thanks

What happens when you dial 901?
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    What happens when you dial 901?
    When i dial 901 i get my voicemail .. the voicemail is working no problem, but visual voicemail will not work. Thats what im asking if its possible to get VISUAL voicemail on the phone as im on a legit o2 contract.

Quote Originally Posted by B1naryBand1t View Post

The SMSFix section is only required for 1.1.1 and below phones, also I posted this guide for people with unlocked phone to get voicemail VM working properly with notifications and icons NOT to get visual voicemail VVM which is quite different and only possible on a genuine apple supported service provider, eg a locked O2 phone or AT&T.

I'm glad its helped a few but its not for VVM

Quote Originally Posted by jcisthebest2000 View Post
    When you say "reset all" what do you mean by that ..

and just to confirm this is to get visual voicemail working not just normal voicemail??
    To reset use Settings>General>reset>reset all

you wont lose jailbreak and it should put back any OTB settings you had, so if VVM was working it should work again. I've not got 1.1.2 to test but it worked that way on 1.1.1
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-01-11 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

jcisthebest2000 (2008-01-11)

Quote Originally Posted by mwr_allen View Post
    Hi, I was in exactly the same situation as you with a legit O2 contract and when I jailbroke my iPhone the voicemail didnt work but I found this tutorial in modmyi.com and it worked fine for me.

See below.

Voicemail hack:
    Firstly, you need BSD subsystem. This can be installed using the installer application. It is in the "System" subfolder.

Allow this to install (could take some time).

Now, SSH into your iPhone, a recommended program to do this is PuTTY (google it).

Now, inside putty, you'll have to log in, if you installed SSH as instructed before, then your default password will be "alpine".

once logged in, just copy and paste these commands in:

rm /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.carrier.plist

ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/O2_UK.plist /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.carrier.plist

rm -f /var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

one after another.

Now reboot, and you should be able to click your way to voicemail .

(Adapted from the tutorial here: http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit.../o2ukJailbreak)
    mwr_allen you are an ACTUALL genius ... ssh'd to my phone run them commands ... rebooted ... works a treat .. thank you so much :-) .. thanks coming your way