Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please me! with Iphone AT&T activated

Unhappy Please me! with Iphone AT&T activated
    Hi everyone! I'm using Iphone activated by AT&T. But right now I want use T-Mobile. So please help me how to unlock Iphone has already activated by AT&T. Thanks all!

Thanks

I'll please you, it's going to cost you though.

Whether or not you can unlock your phone for use with T-Mobile depends on the bootloader version. If this is an off the shelf 1.1.2 firmware phone, you can't unlock it. Otherwise, just follow the guides in the section.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

If the 4th and 5th numbers of your serial are not 45 or above, just follow the guides in the wiki depending on your firmware.

What he said is true, ubt add this to ur installer and check what ur bootloader is. If it's 3.9 you can unlock and if it's 4.6 you cant. I only say this because mine was off the shelf 112 and i decided to check the bootloader and it was infact 3.9
    www.trejan.com/irepo add that to ur sources.
    also installer the bsd system under systems and then baseband info under utilities, run that to check what verison bootloader you have.

p.s to unlock ur phone u need to restore it without ur ur att sim in it. and activate using the *#307# method, if u activate it thru itunes it wont unlock your phone because it will tell you it detected a different sim, please connnect to itunes.

Hope this helped

thanks for all info. But can you show me how to check the bootloader? Because i just have 2days left to cancel my AT&T contracts. thanks again!

And Also I don't know anythings about iphone. It's original form AT&T. I don't know how to intall the intaller App. Please help me out, thanks all!
    Last edited by kentjenny; 2008-01-05 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think you need to read the stickies on this site and find out what firmware version you have. This isn't spoon feeding festival. You need to do some of the work yourself.

Dude, cancel the ATT contract. The iphone is urs now. If you cant unlock u can always sign a new contract. If you can good for you. But you really have to read the sticks cuz i cant sit here and explain everything to you!

I was cancel the contract AT&T. But my iphone the digit 4th and 5th is 47, so its mean I can not to unlock it? If its not I don't know what to do. Anybody can unlock the 112 with bootloader 4.6?