Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bootneutered 1.1.4, safe to update to 1.2 aka 2.0?

Question Bootneutered 1.1.4, safe to update to 1.2 aka 2.0?
    Hey everyone. I have a boot neutered iPhone on the 3.9 bootloader that is unlocked. I'm currently on 1.1.4 and would like to upgrade to 2.0 (1.2). Is it safe to update? Or what do I need to do to upgrade? Is it as simple as running bootneuter and flashing it to: neuter: off, bootloader: 3.9 or 4.6 (which one? I don't know what's better) and unlock: off.
    OR
    Can I just go ahead and update? The unlock is NOT important to me now as I won't need it anymore.
    Thanks

Just go ahead and update from itunes if the unlock doesn't matter

How do you KNOW it won't brick my phone?
    Last edited by t.storbeck; 2008-07-18 at 07:36 AM.

The upgraded firmware (v1.2) thru iTunes will upgrade your baseband to the new baseband.

This has not yet been unlocked. That is why you should not use iTunes to upgrade.

BUT, if you don't care about the unlock, then just go ahead and do it ...

Especially if you have the authorized iphone carrier in your country.

If you are an AT&T customer - go ahead and upgrade. If you are not - than DON`T. Baseband 04.05.04 has not been "break" yet.

What do I need to do prior to the upgrade? Flash it back to "locked" state? Or can I
    update it like it is?

Quote Originally Posted by t.storbeck View Post
    What do I need to do prior to the upgrade? Flash it back to "locked" state? Or can I
    update it like it is?

Just connect to itunes, it should give you the message that new software is avaliable.... select update and after the update, you should be locked, unjailbroken and unactivated and running version 2.0

Im not an idiot. I understand HOW to update. All I needed to know was if there was anything else I had to do BEFORE updating so I wouldn't brick a $400 phone.