Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Service/Needs Reapair on an Unlocked iPhone?

Exclamation No Service/Needs Reapair on an Unlocked iPhone?
    Hello,
    My problem is as follows: I bought an iPhone version 1.1.4 in the US in March this year. Apparantly the store had unlocked it already, but I didn't encounter any problems, until 7 days after when the phone said NO SERVICE and a "Needs Repair : iPhone cannot make or receive calls". Then I went on by restoring the iPhone, which then meant that I had to reunlock it using one of the softwares - and this worked. The iPhone worked perfectly for 6 days - and on the 7th day the same thing happened.

I have pretty much used all possible jailbreaking/unlocking softwares there is out there, and they all give the same result: 6 days of perfect working iPhone and on the 7th day - NO SERVICE.
    The thing that confuses me is that the phone works without no problem, and then suddenly not. It must somehow mean that it must be able to run, but that there is something blocking it after 7 days.

Any ideas?

Bump guys. I'd really appreciate any help!

I don’t know if this going to help or not.....long story short.....I dropped my iphone once and needed to replace cracked display. So I did it myself. During process one has to remove all 3 antenna connectors inside the iphone. I did it all and have had my iphone as new again. Out of the blue, on one day I had NO SERVICE on display, and repair needed. Tried everything, restoring, used all available methods and software. Nothing seemed to be working, still NO Service. After about a week of trying, I was almost ready to throw this thing into garbage can. But I thought to myself; I will give it the last shot. I`ll open it again, take everything apart, put back together again, maybe miracle would happen........and.......miracle has happened!! I found out that one of those little tiny antenna connectors was snapped off. That happened probably because I did not put it back right way for the first time, yet I drive Harley, and you know, Harley shakes a lot. After I connected it back, I have no problem with my iphone since. So go ahead and try to check yours inside. Good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Restore to 2.1 and quickpwn.

If the quickpwn does not work, if it's still under warranty, call apple, schedule an appointment at the Genius Bar and swap the phone out. Make sure you restore the phone on i-Tunes before you go into the Apple Store.You will have to have an ATT account, so pay 25.00 and get a GoPhone account. Good luck