Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 iphone activation.

Default 1.1.2 iphone activation.
    Hi everyone, newbie here. First off, happy new year.

So, I have a few questions regarding the iphone 1.1.2 activation. Hope you can help me out.

--------

I've read that the iphone 1.1.2 (out of box) is not unlockable yet (dang!!), and if i buy an iphone now, most likely i'll get the 1.1.2 iphone firm ware (90%, true?). But that's okay. I can wait until it's unlockable.

However, is there any way that i can activate the brand new 1.1.2 iphone (or even the 1.1.3) without AT&T contract and use it like an ipod touch until an unlocking method released ?!! (would be great if you can show me how). And by "using it like an ipod touch", i mean the ipod, camera and the wi-fi wireless internet function.

Can i still install iphysics, nes games, yahoo, msn messenger or any other applications for my iphone ?!!

So there are my questions for now. Can i use it like an ipod touch without unlocking?! Can i install all of the above applications ?! Thanks in advance.

Heather.
    There's blood in my alcohol system.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post

However, is there any way that i can activate the brand new 1.1.2 iphone (or even the 1.1.3) without AT&T contract and use it like an ipod touch until an unlocking method released ?!! (would be great if you can show me how). And by "using it like an ipod touch", i mean the ipod, camera and the wi-fi wireless internet function.

Can i still install iphysics, nes games, yahoo, msn messenger or any other applications for my iphone ?!!

So there are my questions for now. Can i use it like an ipod touch without unlocking?! Can i install all of the above applications ?! Thanks in advance.

Heather.
    Yes, u can and u got yourself a expensive ipod...
    We'll suggest a link when u get a physical iphone set with you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stupiduser For This Useful Post:

Heather (2008-01-03)

very easy to do, takes a bit of time, but easy. there is a guide on the site that explains how to do it. Basically you have to downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak, download octoprep and then upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak again. Always remember to let your itunes recognize the phone initially before anything and also between changing firmwares. hope you get it done with no probs and hope an unlock for 1.1.2 comes out soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeterL For This Useful Post:

Heather (2008-01-03)

Quote Originally Posted by stupiduser View Post
    Yes, u can and u got yourself a expensive ipod...
    We'll suggest a link when u get a physical iphone set with you.

Oh haha. Doesn't the ipod touch cost as much ?!! Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterL
    very easy to do, takes a bit of time, but easy. there is a guide on the site that explains how to do it. Basically you have to downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak, download octoprep and then upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak again. Always remember to let your itunes recognize the phone initially before anything and also between changing firmwares. hope you get it done with no probs and hope an unlock for 1.1.2 comes out soon

Wow, thanks.
    There's blood in my alcohol system.