Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 OTB Hard Unlock Warranty Clarification...

Default 1.1.2 OTB Hard Unlock Warranty Clarification...
    I am definitely not going to do the hardware unlock but I am just curious.

All these people like TurboSim StealthSim claims it doesn't void your warranty.

But does it really?

Lets say you "JAILBREAK" your OTB 1.1.2 iPhone and use it w/ T-Mobile and StealthSIM

and then it breaks or something wrong with it.

Honestly do you think if you take it to the Apple Store they will fix it?

A. You never activated it w/ AT&T so you don't have a phone number to give when they ask
    B. You bypassed activation by "HACKING" aka Jailbreaking which modifies the iPhone which is strictly against their policy.

So how in the world would this NOT void your warranty?

well my guess is and im no expert !! if something happens 2 ur phone and ur using turbosim , stealthsim etc... , what i would do is reset the phone (restore it) and take off the sim adapter !!

bring it 2 apple and tell em my phone is defective !! im using the hypercard adapter and my works well so far

i dont see how it would screw up my phone !! only thing that would screw it up is if i do something wrong in the iphone files wen im moding !! but that can happen even with a software unlock so the unlock method is irelevant !!

anyways that's what i think ,i could be wrong !!

Quote Originally Posted by seph213 View Post
    well my guess is and im no expert !! if something happens 2 ur phone and ur using turbosim , stealthsim etc... , what i would do is reset the phone (restore it) and take off the sim adapter !!

bring it 2 apple and tell em my phone is defective !! im using the hypercard adapter and my works well so far

i dont see how it would screw up my phone !! only thing that would screw it up is if i do something wrong in the iphone files wen im moding !! but that can happen even with a software unlock so the unlock method is irelevant !!

anyways that's what i think ,i could be wrong !!
    If the phone is defective how would you explain to them it is defective?

They have no record of you activating it...