Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can AT&T SIM Card from Windows Mobile PDA be used with unlocked iPhone?

Default Can AT&T SIM Card from Windows Mobile PDA be used with unlocked iPhone?
    Hey guys,

I have a service plan (including data) from AT&T that is currently being used with a Windows Mobile device. If I were to buy an original iphone off ebay (or even 3g), would I be able to unlock the iPhone and use the SIM card that is in my windows mobile device currently?

It seems that you can use the iphone with other carriers but I wasn't sure if unlocking would allow it use with AT&T.

The reason I want to do this is because I have a cheap voice/data plan through my company.

Does this sound like something I can do? Much appreciated guys.

Regards,
    Ryan

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

u don't needa unlock anything, jus toss in ur sim card and follow instructions in itunes. why unlock when ur at&t buddy. deosnt matter what phone u were using or what it was running.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

But will I be able to activate it. I heard that if you don't unlock it, it will make you activate it. Would I be exempt from activating it?

Ryan

Default Same here
    I have pretty much the same scenario. WM6 device- business contract, with enterprise data. I would like to be able to pop out the sim and use the phone without the headache of my IS/purchasing departments.

With that said, I do not want to go through an activation process...

THANKS!