Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEED iPhone help really bad!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation NEED iPhone help really bad!
    ok so here's what's going on.. i've been trying so hard to unlock my iPhone to work for T-Mobile.. it was previously unlocked, but a dumb friend of mine started the update for 2.0 so w/e.. i downgraded back to 1.1.4 and have attempted to use iLiberty as well as WinPwn to unlock it and jailbreak it..

however, the problem arises when it tells me to put the iPhone into recovery mode.. i do what it says.. i've tried pressing the sleep/wake button along with the home button and releasing the sleep/wake button right before the apple logo appears but nothing works..

even though it picks up on iTunes that there is an iPhone connected in recovery mode, iLiberty and WinPwn does not pick it up.. and sometimes, they wont even detect an iPhone in the first place, when it is in fact connected..

and then on my iPhone screen it always shows the connect to iTunes image.. and when i try to turn it off, by holding the sleep/wake button, 3/4 of the time it turns off for 1 second and restarts showing the Apple logo again..

i've run out of things to do and i've been researching for 2 days everywhere i can..

any help would be GREATLYYYYYYYYYYY APPRECIATED

I dont think you downgraded properly. I would restore it back to 2.0, then I would do it again to be sure, somehow everything with some iphones works best doing everything twice. Then I would downgrade properly by following these instructions, BrooksGarrett.com Blog Archive Downgrading iPhone (1G) 2.0 to 1.1.4 or this one that worked for me, Hack that Phone - Downgrading 2.0 firmware to 1.1.4 firmware, hope this is of some help, thanx appreciated. Have patience it will work in the end. Use DFU mode properly is the key to success.
    If you want it, get it, no matter the risk, y only live once, and gadgets are replaceable.....
    iMac 2.8GHz i7 12GB Ram, MacBook Pro 13", MacBook Air, Cinema Display 30" iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, ATV2

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sailingaction For This Useful Post:

GatorFan15 (2008-07-16)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaction View Post
    I dont think you downgraded properly. I would restore it back to 2.0, then I would do it again to be sure, somehow everything with some iphones works best doing everything twice. Then I would downgrade properly by following these instructions, BrooksGarrett.com Blog Archive Downgrading iPhone (1G) 2.0 to 1.1.4 or this one that worked for me, Hack that Phone - Downgrading 2.0 firmware to 1.1.4 firmware, hope this is of some help, thanx appreciated. Have patience it will work in the end. Use DFU mode properly is the key to success.

thank you veryyyy much for giving me some options. i appreciate it.

Good Luck, if y need more help just scream....LOL
    If you want it, get it, no matter the risk, y only live once, and gadgets are replaceable.....
    iMac 2.8GHz i7 12GB Ram, MacBook Pro 13", MacBook Air, Cinema Display 30" iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, ATV2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sailingaction For This Useful Post:

GatorFan15 (2008-07-16)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

alright.. this DFU mode thing still isn't working.. i don't understand.. and now my iTunes 7.5 doesn't start up either.. even though i uninstalled it and installed it again.. :S

i press all the buttons i need to but it doesnt work

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

GatorFan15 (2008-07-16)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the thing is.. my phone is NEVER ALWAYS black.. its always got the iPod cable pointing at the iTunes logo.. :S:S:S

now my iTunes wont even open up.. it says "The file "iTunes Library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes."

this is iTunes 7.5 btw.. ive uninstalled it twice.. and installed it 3 times
    Last edited by GatorFan15; 2008-07-16 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost