Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 FW has baseband upgrade... now what....?

Default 1.1.3 FW has baseband upgrade... now what....?
    Does the DEV Team or any other unlockers have their hands on the new 1.1.3 FW and baseband?

Are they working on the 1.1.2 Unlock?

OMFG! Are you kidding me? You've been a member of MMi since September, you've even been thanked before and you're seriously starting another useless thread to ask this question? To make it simple; 1.1.3 has not been publicly released so we don't know with 100% certainty who does and does not have it. to those who do have it, we don't know who they are and more importantly how they got it. Regardless, the idea is that once it has been officially released, they will try and use the new secpack to force a downgrade in the baseband and enable an unlock. When an unlock is available, you will know it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
    OMFG! Are you kidding me? You've been a member of MMi since September, you've even been thanked before and you're seriously starting another useless thread to ask this question? To make it simple; 1.1.3 has not been publicly released so we don't know with 100% certainty who does and does not have it. to those who do have it, we don't know who they are and more importantly how they got it. Regardless, the idea is that once it has been officially released, they will try and use the new secpack to force a downgrade in the baseband and enable an unlock. When an unlock is available, you will know it.
    sorry man its just been 2 f'in months.

no unlock. no updates by DEV TEAm. I just want this ASAP. MY OTB is just sittin there collecting dust..

they have updated us, they say it is impossible to unlock 1.1.2 with software untill 1.1.3 comes out, which it has NOT:

http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/Unlock_1.1.2

"Unlocking a 1.1.2 OOTB (out of the box) phone is currently impossible with software-only solutions, due to the new 4.6 bootloader. An exploit in this bootloader has been found, but the secpack from 1.1.3 is required to use it. If 1.1.3 introduces a baseband update, the secpack can be extracted from that (if 1.1.3 does not introduce a baseband update, then we'll have to wait until one is introduced).
    It is possible to unlock a 1.1.2 phone that has the old 3.9 bootloader. If your phone has 1.1.2 and the 3.9 bootloader, then that usually means you used to have 1.1.1 or an older version, and you updated it to 1.1.2. The Dev Team has not released any kind of unlock for the 1.1.2 firmware version, however. (All 1.1.2 unlocking tools are not created by the iPhone Dev Team.)
    If you're really in a hurry to unlock a 1.1.2 OOTB, you can use a hardware SIM proxy method."

Thanks

Lets be nice guys, no such thing as a stupid question The Dev's may have their hands on it, we don't know but probably not because if it got sent to them it could put the sender at risk to be sued by Apple, and probably the Dev Team to. It will come soon after 1.1.3 officially drops, i think at least. From what i hear its ready, they just need a new secpack to do the exploits on the bootloader. IPSF is ready, so the Dev Team should be to

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

law111 (2008-01-03)

Yes the Dev team has the 1.1.3 firmware - no they will not be releasing it.

As they have said, they are working hard on creating a software unlock now that they have just obtained the ipsw file for 1.1.3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stealth For This Useful Post:

law111 (2008-01-03)

Yeah the DEV team are ready they just need 1.1.3 to get the secpack and downgrade the baseband so they can modd the Bootloader.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

law111 (2008-01-03)

Banned
    Thanks

your the second person in two days that have copied one of my threads(mine is in general iphone section)...no big deal. but they did upgrade the baseband and yes they will be able to unlock it. YEAH!

and jacobzking calm down....some people (like nate true) have the 1.1.3 firmware already (so yes we do know who has it...way to be wrong)...it isnt the full thing but we know that the baseband was upgraded so this was not a dumb question
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2008-01-02 at 03:14 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fat x nub For This Useful Post:

subway999 (2008-01-02)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

1.1.3 .. huh allready this much talk about it .....

No question is a dumm question..(when u dont kno whats going on) I Agree

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone View Post
    sorry man its just been 2 f'in months.

no unlock. no updates by DEV TEAm. I just want this ASAP. MY OTB is just sittin there collecting dust..
    How could you let such a beautiful piece of hardware like an iphone collect dust??? Spend the $50 to $100 and get one of the many SIM fixes that are out there. You have an iphone and are too cheap to burn an extra hun? Maybe you should just sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkay View Post
    How could you let such a beautiful piece of hardware like an iphone collect dust??? Spend the $50 to $100 and get one of the many SIM fixes that are out there. You have an iphone and are too cheap to burn an extra hun? Maybe you should just sell it.
    A vast majority of iPhone OTB 1.1.2 owners would prefer a real unlocking solution and not one that is going to hit your pocket again. If you went and paid that extra $100, then good for you, but don't come in here saying someone is cheap just because they would prefer a real solution compared to a pay-to-use method. Not everyone takes the easy way out when the hard way is far more rewarding.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bad2049 For This Useful Post:

subway999 (2008-01-02)

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrkay View Post
    if we all had money laying around then we wouldnt need to unlock it. we would just sign our soul away to ATT...
    sorry not all of us have that kind of money... some of us had to save up to buy such a cool device.

LOL i rather wait for a real unlock instead of a sim unlock.

Banned
    Thanks

i have an OTB 1.1.2 sitting around but i got a 1.1.1 fully unlocked in my pocket ...im selling the 1.1.2 when the unlock comes out

i bought the 1.1.2 OTB cuz i knew one day there would be an unlock for it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to fat x nub For This Useful Post:

subway999 (2008-01-02)

And there are also people who cant even order a hardware unlock because first we have difficulties paying online for it, and second of all we have problems with shipping to my country, so the only solution for some ppl in the world is to wait for a soft-unlock.

we believe in the NATE and we believe in the Dev-Team. I'd rather donate 100$ to the Dev-Team rather than givin it to some unthankful seller who didnt do anything for our benefit.

PSPSULLY reported that the DEV TEAM have the 1.1.3 IPSW.

This is great news. Thanks for the heads up yowiphone!!

But apparently Apple have now tightened the encryption in the IPSW file....

Thats not so good and will take them a long time to decrypt that code....

Not really if they update an iphones to 1.1.3 the secpack would be decrypted. So then its just a matter of time until they find the secpack.