Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oh No! Anysim 1.2.1u worked before but didn't the 2nd time

Thanks

Default Oh No! Anysim 1.2.1u worked before but didn't the 2nd time
    I don't know why but I can't seem to unlock my iphone again. I originally bought it at 1.1.1 > updated to 1.1.2 (jailed & locked) then followed the steps from MMI to unlock 1.1.2 from update only. I went from 1.1.2 > downgraded to 1.1.1 > jailbroke > okprep > update to 1.1.2 > anysim 1.2.1u > unlocked & jailbroken...works perfectly. Everything worked fine until I started messing around with replacing the sounds in the UISounds folder in the phone using iFuntastic which. So I decided to restore my phone, thinking I could just do it all over again. I started by restoring it to 1.1.2 then downgraded to 1.1.1 and repeated the unlocking process all over again...but this time when I ran anysim it said that anysim was not able to unlock this phone and to please restart the phone. I've tried this 3 times thinking that I've must have skip a step or something but every time I got the same message from anysim. Currently I'm with AT&T and my phone works but just can't be unlocked. I needed to unlock it so I can use it overseas. Can some please tell me what I need to do here to get it back to being unlocked. Thank you! Happy New Year!
    "...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."

Thanks

you phone is unlocked untill you virginize it..you should just need to get getback to 1.1.2 and jailbreak

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

nxovkin (2008-01-01)

Thanks

so even if anysim says it cannot unlock this phone, it's actually unlocked?

my phone is jailbroken now and on 1.1.2 but still can't use it T-mobile. What do I do now?
    Last edited by nxovkin; 2008-01-01 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by nxovkin View Post
    so even if anysim says it cannot unlock this phone, it's actually unlocked?

my phone is jailbroken now and on 1.1.2 but still can't use it T-mobile. What do I do now?

I am not sure on this but I remember from somwhere saying that you should never run anysim twice.

Thanks

You cant run anySIM 1.2u twice, you must virginize first, then your set to unlock first downgrade using DFU mode to 1.0.2 then virginize guide is here

Actully guys correct me if im wrong but you should just have to wipe the baseband with iEraser then rewrite it, since the seczone isn't affected by these unlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    You cant run anySIM 1.2u twice, you must virginize first, then your set to unlock first downgrade using DFU mode to 1.0.2 then virginize guide is here

Actully guys correct me if im wrong but you should just have to wipe the baseband with iEraser then rewrite it, since the seczone isn't affected by these unlocks.
    Just add i.unlock.no to your sources.

then go to unlocking tools and get "The Virginizer"

and use that

then do a full restore.

and then unlock normally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone View Post
    Just add i.unlock.no to your sources.

then go to unlocking tools and get "The Virginizer"

and use that

then do a full restore.

and then unlock normally.
    Could have sworn that only works on the baseband in 1.0.2? Hm thats 20 minutes ill never get back...

Thanks

that's what i thought also. guess i'll have to try it to find out. man...if i only knew that i could only use anysim just once i wouldn't have did what i did. wish me luck.

Thanks

that's what i thought also. guess i'll have to try it to find out. man...if i only knew that i could only use anysim just once i wouldn't have did what i did. wish me luck.
    No problem Good luck!

Hi,

A friend of mine whom also encountered the same problem on last week.

I already help him solve the issues by doing a reverse manner.

Simply restore back to 1.0.2, get ibrick and lockdown 1.0.2 and lastly use anysim to unlock the current version.

Needless to say, the rest u should know jaiilbreak and upgrade to 1.1.2.

Though i sovle his problem yet aren't perfect enough as his ipod is fine but itunes not working in 1.1.2.

Good luck

Thanks

hope everyone had a great new year. thanks for the support. i'll try it tomorrow.