Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Week 41 w/ BL 4.6???!!!!??

Default Week 41 w/ BL 4.6???!!!!??
    I unlock iPhones for people and one of my clients brought me 2 used week 41 iPhones.

He sends them as gifts to his clients in Europe to increase business.

Well he brought me tons of phones and today he brought me 2 used week 41's (since you can't get them new nemore)

I unlocked the first one w/ anysim 1.1 worked fine.

the second one was 1.1.1 w/ baseband 4.02

so i was like the guy upgraded to 1.1.2 and downgraded it back to 1.1.1 leaving the bb upgraded.

I tried many way of unlocking w/ anysim 1.2.1u but they all gave me errors

I tried downgrading BB virginzing etc all got errors.

spent a good 2-3 hrs on this

then i did the simple Bl check and i got 4.6!!!!

is this a UK phone.

the used phone was bought in US.

how did a 41 get 4.6BL

is it possible to upgrade the BL?

The phone could have come back from repair at some point and a new baseband board could have been installed with the new bootloader.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Sounds Like your charging your "clients" for running freeware programs to unlock there iphones (witch I think is Morally wrong)
    But to answer your question It was most likely refurbished or if it was from the socal area the baseband was upgraded via apple in the store
    Last edited by evojoey; 2008-01-01 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evojoey View Post
    Sounds Like your charging your "clients" for running freeware programs to unlock there iphones (witch I think is Morally wrong)
    But to answer your question It was most likely refurbished or if it was from the socal area the baseband was upgraded via apple in the store
    I don't understand how its morally wrong?

Its not easy for everyone to follow these guides. People don't have time and not all people sit on the computer all day lol.

Some people get very scared when tampering with $400.

Plus i'm just a 15 yr old kid trying to make some quick cash for my future G37

Yea, my client bought it for $485 so I think he got "scammed"