Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant unlock sim

Default Cant unlock sim
    hey guys i accidentally upgaded to 2.0 and now my phne cant be recognised by my itunes because i dont have an at&t chip so it cant read for me to unlock it with ziphone HELP!!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tripleajam View Post
    hey guys i accidentally upgaded to 2.0 and now my phne cant be recognised by my itunes because i dont have an at&t chip so it cant read for me to unlock it with ziphone HELP!!!!!
    LMAO!! I remeber these same excuses back when 1.0.2 and beyond came about... I really dont understand how some1 can ACCIDENTLY upgrade their firmware to a newer version, and everyone use the same reason, I accidently upgraded or my brother\sister upgraded... LMAO! It impossible to accidently upgrade when all you have to do is accidently disconnect your deivce while the firmware is downloading throug iTunes... OR pay attention to the buttons to be pressed when prompted about an update. But even if the button is pressed to upgrade, iTunes stil has to prepare itself for the flash, DISCONNECT during preparation. I just dont get it.

Back to unlocking it... I guess you have to wait for the unlock from dev team, or search to find a way to downgrade, I hear BigBoss has an way to do this.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

thanks and yse it was accidental because while my phone was backing up i didnt disconnect it of fear of it messing up the program or so but remember i'm still a novice where do i find big boss

Usually, when I accidentally upgraded the firmware, I try to download an older firmware (1.1.4) and restore it manually by clicking Restore in iTunes while holding shift, then choosing the firmware of your choice.

I recently found a website that shows how to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4

Downgrading 2.0 to 1.1.4

Tell me if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by alexela112004; 2008-07-15 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Found a Website to show instructions.

Hello,

I did the same thing. Just got trigger happy with the mouse and updated and tried all kinds of things to unlock it, but no success.

I tried restoring the phone to 1.1.4, but that didn't work either.

Any new suggestions???

You need to downgrade on your baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

go to KiPhone and follow instructions, its cos you have not downgraded the baseband since the upgrade to 2.0, and its very simple instructions. hope i helped, if u need anymore help email me @ [email protected]