Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am i "PERMANENTLY SCREWED" !?

Default Am i "PERMANENTLY SCREWED" !?
    So I took my iPhone to the Apple store today and some of the people that worked there were trying to help me get my phone to work again.

I am an AT&T customer and bought the phone about a month after it came out. I thought that I had to unlock it to get third party apps onto the phone, so I went ahead and did that- and jailbroke it i guess? I had the 3rd party apps on there, but then accidentally upgraded to 1.1.1 when that came out which "bricked" (i think) my phone and made it inoperable.

I have been following guides to jailbreak, unlock, virginize, downgrade, upgrade and I eventually got access to the springboard on 1.1.1 with the new itunes icon and stuff- but it said "Incorrect SIM" and I was unable to make calls.

I just got back from the Apple store and they restored the phone for me and updated it to 1.1.2- however the "Incorrect SIM" error still appeared, and were unable to help me further. They told me I was permanently screwed. :-(

They couldnt help me further because of the IMP number or something that told them that the firmware was tampered with?

I really don't know what to do. I'm hoping someone on here can help me out. I really really do appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

have you tried doing a full restore on your phone, put it into restore mode by holding the home button while connected to the pc and turn the phone on. itunes will detect its in restore mode and should restore it back to factory spec..

if you aint done that already give it a go, if you have try again. you never know.

hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    have you tried doing a full restore on your phone, put it into restore mode by holding the home button while connected to the pc and turn the phone on. itunes will detect its in restore mode and should restore it back to factory spec..

if you aint done that already give it a go, if you have try again. you never know.

hope that helps.
    Yeah, they did a restore at the Apple store and the "Incorrect SIM" still appears. ANyone???? PLEASE

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

virginize your iphone then do the restore. i will have your correct imei again
     Think Different

yah yah
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    virginize your iphone then do the restore. i will have your correct imei again
    will that really restore that imei if it dose let us know knowlege is power would be good to know for future mess ups but ill try to research your prob also ill see what i can digg up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jains712 View Post
    So I took my iPhone to the Apple store today and some of the people that worked there were trying to help me get my phone to work again.

I am an AT&T customer and bought the phone about a month after it came out. I thought that I had to unlock it to get third party apps onto the phone, so I went ahead and did that- and jailbroke it i guess? I had the 3rd party apps on there, but then accidentally upgraded to 1.1.1 when that came out which "bricked" (i think) my phone and made it inoperable.

I have been following guides to jailbreak, unlock, virginize, downgrade, upgrade and I eventually got access to the springboard on 1.1.1 with the new itunes icon and stuff- but it said "Incorrect SIM" and I was unable to make calls.

I just got back from the Apple store and they restored the phone for me and updated it to 1.1.2- however the "Incorrect SIM" error still appeared, and were unable to help me further. They told me I was permanently screwed. :-(

They couldnt help me further because of the IMP number or something that told them that the firmware was tampered with?

I really don't know what to do. I'm hoping someone on here can help me out. I really really do appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks
    Yup try virginizing again and restoring, it appears you went wrong somewhere on it, oh and unlocking makes it work on any carrier jailbreak for third party apps. And its the IMEI, International Mobile Equipment Identifier (I think..) If your phones IMEI is 0499 or something like that, your phone wont work with any SIM card, hit the little i on the activation screen to see yours.