Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Warning] Don't buy products from these sites (hypercards, stealthsims, etc)

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry [Warning] Don't buy products from these sites (hypercards, stealthsims, etc)
    cash edit

I am changing this into the official warning thread for shady dealers of tubosims, hypercards, stealthsims, and unlocked iPhones thread. If you have done business with a site and have had problems please post them in this thread and warn the community. To recommend a site for being good please use the other thread.

end cash edit

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This from dotconsole (remember them?) regarding my order of 12/21 for two HyperSim cards:

__________________________________________________ ___________
    First I would like to say Happy New Year and thank you in advance for being a customer with us.

For those of you with HyperCard orders for the iPhone and those of you who have ordered iPhones with Hypersim here is the current news.

HC has annoucned that it has changed its production line hypercard to adjust for a new simgate from Apple for new version phones.

Apple has made changes to newer iPhones to prevent cards such as TurboSim and others to be inserted into the iPhone.

Currently they are changing these cards so they will work on all new units.

What does this mean to you?

There will be a short delay in the shipment of your order.

I have spoken to them today and they assured me they would have shipment out to us next week and we will have it the following day and ship to you.

Please understand that this is good news for customers because the newer cards will have improvements and a change in design to support changes to the current and newer models.

For customers who oredered an iPhone we can ship the phone activated and jailbroken and then send the card at a later date. However if you would like it sent all together we can do that too.

I thank you for being patient during this delay and you can expect a shipment notification of your order right after the holiday.

Once again Happy New year and if you have any questions please contact me directly. (There may be a short response in emails over this holiday)

__________________________________________________ __________

I think that was a bunch of horse sh*t. Has anyone here heard of Apple modifying the iPhone to make the sim tools inoperative??

the change was 1.1.2 and it's old news! is it BS??

hopefully they haven't charged you anything yet!

Will they work with 1.1.3 ????
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Banned
    Thanks

i think their excuse is just a cove up. what they are hiding i don't know

i got the same email, originally it was delayed till 12/27 and now they have delayed again. i have asked for a refund, if no refund by the end of the day, i will take legal action.

yep. same story here.

i ordered mine the 18th! i've emailed them constantly for a DEFINITIVE date. they never answer my question. always give me the same BS about sometime next week.

i asked for a partial refund because of this BS, and they offered me upgraded shipping instead. i asked when i would receive my purchase with their "upgraded shipping" and they have yet to respond.

one thing that does make sense is that the people they order from (http://www.hyper-card.com/home/english/main.htm) haven't been shipping out their orders either. maybe their excuse is legit?

whatever. im just hoping 1.1.3 comes out so we can get an update on the OTB 1.1.2 unlock
    Last edited by bloo; 2007-12-30 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks

Default Response from Dotconsole.com
    I sent them a message basically calling them on the BS and these are what I got in return.
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Email #1
    This comes from HC themselves.. I have used teh larger ones in there and its snug but they are the ones making the changes.

YOU HAVE HEARD NOTHING because you dont dev sim cards for a living lols..

there will be no sims sent to you.. your order is cancelled you can threaten some other company ...

Hahah state attourney general..

You take yourself too seriously, you know stress like that causes cancer...

He must have gotten even more fired up at having been called on his BS because a few minutes later he sent this:

email #2
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Oh your a tamponian.. I see why your so uptight now.. lol

If I lived there I would have the same attitude you do too..

I just issued your refund and cancelled your order.. everyone else gets shipped wed.

Nice knowing ya.. Happy New Year!!

__________________________________________________ _________

Guess he doesnt like people from Tampa.

He says he refunded my money, not sure I can trust him. He said the remanufacture was a result of changes made by Apple...Apple has changed nothing, his Sim producer is making theirs thinner. He took more orders than he could fill and the rest of it is garbage and then he sends me insulting emails.

Great company eh?

Banned
    Thanks

im not buying from them now...i was about to purchase a bulk order

i'm waiting for my refund

Yeah its a excuse...
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

hmm I'm not surprised . . .

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Sigh... gotta love the places that sell things they don't have.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

rodinman
    I run into this crap on ebay all the time too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

p*ssed_off_all_the_time (2008-01-02)

Thanks

Yep, you called him on it early. I

omg i was gonna order from them, ty GOD i did ebay instead.. trusted powersellers :P

i dident order from em cuz they raised thier price like 15$.. b4 it was 65..then they raised to 75..

*sigh of relif* thank god

Who here is an EBAY power seller?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

That is why i do not buy or sell on ebay...paypal crap not worth ,,,craiglist u find someone in your hood...if u see merch u give cash...simple

Its not bs and the hypercard information is from them.. they have made the Hypercard smaller and there is a new update to their IC to support more countries.

Unlock a flood of these cards lately this one will now support South America, Korea, Africa and India..

This customer emailed us saying if we didnt send him his order overnight the next day he was going to call his lol "States attourney General" on us.

We have no control over production, we are just resellers of the product.

WE have had 2 people out of 700 pending orders cancel only this guy made threats at us because he thought he would use leverage of his L:L State attourney generals office as leverage to get bumped up infront of everyone else..

Sorry using legal means doesn't get you a jump in line in front of any other order.. I gets you cancelled..

THank god for all of the good customers out there and the ability to cancel PUSHY people like him.

Thanks

That is is lie. This is what I sent you:

No matter, I expect delivery of my Sims within one week or I will initiate chargeback and file a claim against you with the Florida state Attorney General's office."

Anyone who does business with someone who lies like that will be sorry. I had to write you to finally get your BS story about production problems.

I am a reseller too and I dont sell what I dont have.

He didn't lie about canceling my order though but as of today, I have yet to see my money.

Read his post guys...do you really want to do business with him? I got cancelled because I had the nerve to complain about getting billed for something he didn't even have and he still has my money. I think he post says it all.
    Last edited by taylorcold; 2008-01-01 at 05:22 AM.

I requested a refund a few days ago and the money was put back in my account today. They were nice about it, just got ahead of themselves; bad business. I have sold over 200 iPhones on eBay but I never sell them if they are not in my possession. I just ordered some from china direct; if they work well I'll order bulk but I'm going to be paying 65.00 each so by the time I pay paypal and ebay I'll have to sell for 110 to make it worthwhile.

Thanks

Default I agree
    I am glad you got yours back. He is still sitting on mine. Probably punishing me for making a fuss. I am sure I will get mine eventually, even if I have to contact my CC issuer. He actually made fun of me when I mentioned "chargeback" This is what he wrote me:

whats great about refunds is.. once you push it the customer can chargeback till the cows come home.. we dont see a thing..

My guess is that he hasn't really processed the refund. LOL...Dont ever complain to these guys.

I guess he is the owner of the company. No one else could ever get away with treating a customer that way. I am an Ebay Power Seller and would NEVER treat a customer that way.

My bank said to wait 5 to 7 days and then they would take action.

Good luck to anyone who does business with these people. I he isn't the owner, maybe his boss will read this, fire "Mr. Customer Service" and come here and apologize to me and the rest of you. Google them, you may be shocked. I am going to go to the BBB but I guess he doesn't care about that either.
    Last edited by taylorcold; 2008-01-02 at 05:13 PM. Reason: clarity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast