Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Warning] Don't buy products from these sites (hypercards, stealthsims, etc)

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

To be more fair to them then they were to me, I have to update this to reflect the fact that the refund appeared on my statement today.

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    hmm I'm not surprised . . .
    LMAO!! I dont understand why people do not realize that for what they are paying for these hypersims and crap and also for the headaches they are having getting them, programming them and so on, they could almost pay the cancellation fee and just get an att account!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    LMAO!! I dont understand why people do not realize that for what they are paying for these hypersims and crap and also for the headaches they are having getting them, programming them and so on, they could almost pay the cancellation fee and just get an att account!
    If they're in the USA!
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    If they're in the USA!
    You are right I should have said " the legal service provider ". Thanks

cant believe this BS.

after asking them when my hypersim would arrive, and them answering with "sometime next week" i opted to cancel my order. they offered me an upgrade in shipping instead but i still asked for my order to be cancelled.

a few minutes ago i just received an email saying that my item has shipped. if this hypercard doesn't work im going to be pissed.

consider yourself lucky for those of you that actually had your purchase refunded

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    Let me see if I can explain it to you.

First, I dont want any plan where I have a contractual obligation to keep service for 2 years. I use a T-Mobile pay as you go plan. I do not use it often enough to justify paying 60/month

Second, I enjoy the cat and mouse game, I like playing with this technology.

Third, I make pretty good money buying and selling these phones. When the unlocking was possible, I unlocked them for a profit, now that software unlocking seems pretty far off, I take the risk of buying Sim emulators and prepping the phone for their use and making money selling the emulators and iPhones with them installed.

Fourth, I am fascinated by this whole iPhone craze and I get pleasure trying to keep out in front of it.

So you see, AT&T can only give me phone service I dont need. The nice people at MMI and the Turbo-Stealth-Next-iTurbo Sims and all the drama that goes with it is a great diversion for me.

I dont even like talking on the phone.

I dont know about the others but that pretty much explains it for me.

OK?

Bloo

I snagged 10 of them from a guy for 450 and have already sold 4 and just about recovered my initial investment. The guy at Dotconsole acted like he was punishing me for not fulfilling my order. The guy did me a favor. I'd still be waiting for his more expensive Sims had I not pissed him off. I am sure his will work. If they dont, contact your CC and charge it back.
    Last edited by taylorcold; 2008-01-05 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    First, I dont want any plan where I have a contractual obligation to keep service for 2 years. I use a T-Mobile pay as you go plan. I do not use it often enough to justify paying 60/month
    I got my iPhone the first day and unfortunatley i went ahead without knowing i could put it on a goPhone plan I don't even call people! I feel bad having 2,000+ unused rollover minutes.

Let me see if I can explain it to you.

Second, I enjoy the cat and mouse game, I like playing with this technology.

Third, I make pretty good money buying and selling these phones. When the unlocking was possible, I unlocked them for a profit, now that software unlocking seems pretty far off, I take the risk of buying Sim emulators and prepping the phone for their use and making money selling the emulators and iPhones with them installed.

Fourth, I am fascinated by this whole iPhone craze and I get pleasure trying to keep out in front of it.

So you see, AT&T can only give me phone service I dont need. The nice people at MMI and the Turbo-Stealth-Next-iTurbo Sims and all the drama that goes with it is a great diversion for me.

I dont even like talking on the phone.

I dont know about the others but that pretty much explains it for me.

OK?

Bloo

I snagged 10 of them from a guy for 450 and have already sold 4 and just about recovered my initial investment. The guy at Dotconsole acted like he was punishing me for not fulfilling my order. The guy did me a favor. I'd still be waiting for his more expensive Sims had I not pissed him off. I am sure his will work. If they dont, contact your CC and charge it back.
    Well you can have the headache of bricked phones and scam artists like Dotconsole.com then. I would rather it just legal and not have to worry about it, that is all I was saying.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

haha that's just sad... dotconsole.com is INCREDIBLY unprofessional.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Thanks

I got my money back from Dotconsole.com and learned a valuable lesson for free. I have never had a bricked phone and while I do understand what you are saying, there are some people for whom the iPhone is more than just a cool cell phone. I have not made alot of money but I could several iPhones with my profits. What I did instead was put the money into AAPL stock and until Friday, was doing very well.

These days you cant trust anyone.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

I have not made alot of money but I could several iPhones with my profits. What I did instead was put the money into AAPL stock and until Friday, was doing very well.
    i am sure the apple stock will turn around next week with all the new announcements etc.

Or at least one would hope

Since there is now Ziphone 2.5, the question really is:

"What are all of those TurboSIM companies going to do now???"
    Last edited by WyldPhoenix; 2008-03-08 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Why dont you read the forum? Ziphone is a SOFTWARE unlock for an iPhone,so the answer is "you do not need Silver Sim,Multi Sim,and others".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

maximkokorev (2008-03-04)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12