Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking Problem... Please Help... :(

Default Unlocking Problem... Please Help... :(
    Hi guys!

I have this iphone 4GB first generation still locked to AT&T, the previous owner upgraded it to version 2.0 before he handed it to me. I have tried unlocking it using ZiPhone 3.0. I clicked the "do it all" when it starts to download i accidentally interrupted the process, and the iphone got hanged, tried hard-reset, and still wouldn’t work. So what I did is Restore it thru iTunes 7.7 and it‘s perfect restored to its factory settings. The sad thing is, iTunes will not recognize or read the iphone because I don’t have the sim it will only prompt this:

“The iPhone “iPhone” cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iPhone.
    Check that the SIM card is inserted in your iPhone and that is not PIN-locked.”

So I guys I need your expertise on this matter. Im just new on this stuff so I would indeed appreciate if you will guide me all through it.

Thanks a lot!

Well regardless of whether or not you accidentally cancelled it, it wouldn't unlock as it's 2.0. You're gonna have to downgrade to 1.1.4 and then ZiPhone will work like a charm.

Put the phone in DFU (Hold sleep and home button till it shuts off, then hold the home button while plugging it in) and press shift on the restore button on iTunes and click a 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea I basically did the same thing and had to use DFU mode. I agree with Brandnew70x7.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnew70x7 View Post
    Well regardless of whether or not you accidentally cancelled it, it wouldn't unlock as it's 2.0. You're gonna have to downgrade to 1.1.4 and then ZiPhone will work like a charm.

Put the phone in DFU (Hold sleep and home button till it shuts off, then hold the home button while plugging it in) and press shift on the restore button on iTunes and click a 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded.
    i have tried it thanks, but upon pressing shift and clicking restore it went to my directory driver, which i don't have anyy ipsw files. do i have to download anything or something just to downgrade this to 1.1.4?

btw, i think it's no longer version 2.0 since i have restored it to its factory settings.

thanks Brandnew70x7
    Last edited by Jack Ryan; 2008-07-13 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnew70x7 View Post
    1.1.4 firmware you downloaded.
    ^^^

where can i find the 1.1.4 firmware, i know itd be on rapidshare but you can't search for specific files. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did a search for "iPhone 1.1.4 download" in google and it was the first result

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....2_Restore.ipsw

haha thats embarassing, thanks i really appreciate it.

when i tried this method, it tells me an unknown error occured(20) and kicks my iphone off of itunes and is just the screen of the white usb plug and itunes which means i can't do anything with iLiberty because it isn't recongizing it. Any ideas?
    Last edited by irishguy1; 2008-07-13 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have no experience with 2.0. Someone else may be able to help, or you might just have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy1 View Post
    haha thats embarassing, thanks i really appreciate it.

when i tried this method, it tells me an unknown error occured(20) and kicks my iphone off of itunes and is just the screen of the white usb plug and itunes which means i can't do anything with iLiberty because it isn't recongizing it. Any ideas?
    yes the same error "an unknown error occured(20)"... i would love to hear another ideas about this...

I tried downloading the 1.1.4 firmware and when I try to unzip it I get an error -37 from StuffIt Expander. Any ideas? Mac OSX 10.4xx

Thanks

did what u said but it gives me an error 20 and says it couldn't do it. what do i do? HELP!!!!!!!

hi,

is ur iphone working now??

even i have the same problem...i unlocked the fresh iphone then after few days by mistake i updated the iphone online...now i m having same problem as you..
    if you already found some solution...plz do share...i will be grateful...

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow i have practically the exact same problem.. anyway, the error from what ive read on other forums is perfectly normal.. it should still have restored it..

when i do it.. iTunes picks up that an iPhone is plugged in but iLiberty does not.. and then ive also tried WinPwn to unlock it but it tells me to put it in recovery mode EVEN THOUGH IT ISSS in recovery mode.. and i've tried the whole holding the sleep/wake button with the home button and then right before the Apple logo appears to let go of the sleep/wake button.. it still doesn't work.. i need HELP as i said in my thread.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
    Hi guys!

I have this iphone 4GB first generation still locked to AT&T, the previous owner upgraded it to version 2.0 before he handed it to me. I have tried unlocking it using ZiPhone 3.0. I clicked the "do it all" when it starts to download i accidentally interrupted the process, and the iphone got hanged, tried hard-reset, and still wouldn’t work. So what I did is Restore it thru iTunes 7.7 and it‘s perfect restored to its factory settings. The sad thing is, iTunes will not recognize or read the iphone because I don’t have the sim it will only prompt this:

“The iPhone “iPhone” cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iPhone.
    Check that the SIM card is inserted in your iPhone and that is not PIN-locked.”

So I guys I need your expertise on this matter. Im just new on this stuff so I would indeed appreciate if you will guide me all through it.

Thanks a lot!
    dude go to www.brooksgarret.com and do exactly what it tells you to. the process is on the first page just scroll down. i messed up and upgraded my phone also, but its back to normal now, thanks to one of the guys on here. THANKS TO ALL.

yup already visited the site and Brooks really is a nice guy... have my iphone back to its normal operation now. Thanks to all!

irishguy1 and jack ryan even i'm gettin de sam eerror [20] tell me wat to do ...plzzzzzz...
    thanks