Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Broken iphone?! :-(

Default HELP! Broken iphone?! :-(
    Hi everyone,

I bought my iPhone a few months ago, and unlocked it to download third party applications onto it.

I accidentally downloaded an update for the phone through iTunes, which then disabled my iPhone, displaying the message: "Incorrect SIM: Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate phone."

I have tried to "virginize" the phone back to factory-condition, but most of the methods involve going into the Installer on the Springboard- however, I can't access the springboard because of the error message above.

I have downgraded to 1.0.2 FW i THINK. I'm pretty sure I did that successfully, but am not sure what I need to do next to get my phone working. I am an AT&T customer in the U.S. so the only reason I unlocked it was to download all the extra applications.

Someone please help me!! I've been trying for the past week to find a way to fix it.

Thanks

First, you don't need to unlock to use other apps, just jailbreak.
    Next lets get started. Restore in iTunes, hold down top and home buttons until you see either a yellow triangle or a iTunes logo with a cable to it, then hit restore and you'll be at 1.1.2. Put the phone in DFU mode and downgrade and select the 1.0.2 firmware, downgrade the baseband to the 1.0.2 version, virginize, update away. Guides are in the Wiki section for all this

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

iTOOL (2007-12-30)

Banned
    Thanks

^^^^^ Yeah!!

DoerrFan is the best! Got me 100% working on my iPhone. Follow his sage advice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    First, you don't need to unlock to use other apps, just jailbreak.
    Next lets get started. Restore in iTunes, hold down top and home buttons until you see either a yellow triangle or a iTunes logo with a cable to it, then hit restore and you'll be at 1.1.2. Put the phone in DFU mode and downgrade and select the 1.0.2 firmware, downgrade the baseband to the 1.0.2 version, virginize, update away. Guides are in the Wiki section for all this
    thats pretty much it lol he is a sage folks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTOOL View Post
    DoerrFan is the best! Got me 100% working on my iPhone. Follow his sage advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazingangel1986 View Post
    thats pretty much it lol he is a sage folks

Thanks Guys