Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turbo sim works in iPhone 3G!!!!

Default Turbo sim works in iPhone 3G!!!!
    Hello, firstly I'd like to say what a great forum this is! I been watching it a while waiting for the new iphone to come out and now it's here I had to become a member.
    I am from the Uk and after queuing for hours and settling for an 8gb instead of a 16gb wants to share something interesting I have found and ask for a bit of advice.
    O2's systems colapsed today so after waiting hours I have an iPhone that is still not connected to the network but I have managed to activate it an use the app store using my home wifi.
    Now for the interesting bit. I have my 3uk works sim in my t-mobile locked N95 using a turbo sim, having found my o2 sim still wasn't active I tried it in my iPhone and to my surprise it worked!!!! However I can only make calls and send texts, it will not receive nor conect to the net. Does anybody here know why it would only work one way? And does anyone know a way I could get of to work possibly?

Cheers Smee

Ps I'm posting from my iPhone and of rocks!!!

hi got my iphone today and my old 02 sim card works in it just got to wait untill 02 switches on the sim that come with it
    Last edited by gusjohnson; 2008-07-11 at 10:49 PM.

Ok I now have my 3UK card working in a locked Iphone!! With outgoing calls, texts and now have internet!!! Why cant I receive calls or texts though??

Ok I have done it!!! 100% works too!

I have Calls and Texts, incomming and outgoing
    I have internet full 3g!!

All without any software or modding, just a turbo sim and a fiddle with the settings!!!!

Could I have the first 3G Iphone on 3 in the UK??

How cool would that be?? Im videoing it now to put it on youtube!
    Last edited by smeeshum; 2008-07-12 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I told everyone the turbosim's would work . Have fun
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Ok I cant get a video of the screen as my camera blurs far too bad but here are some picks.

It is being a little temprimental, I sometimes dont get calls or texts unless I have an active data connection. Resolved this by turning on Push perminently and TTY and it seems to work fine now.

Ill keep you all posted

As long as roaming is on use AUTO DETECT for carrier selection

Make sure Roaming is on or 3G will not work!!

Look!! Planet 3 on an Iphone!!!!!

What with all this success and O2's systems still down perhaps they will forget to activate me and Ill have my iphone for free!!

Fingers crossed eh!?!

Smee

Really odd calling and texting patterns on my phone now! Most calls get through but some dont, Texts take ages to come through, but all outgoing calss, texts, net, email work fine?

What could be doing it?
    Last edited by smeeshum; 2008-07-12 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anyone confirm if this will work in U.S. ?

Smee

I sent you a PM...
    Last edited by bargsbeer; 2008-07-14 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello,

I just got a new 3G iPhone on the release date. I live here in Boston and decided to try this. It does not work in the US using a Turbo Sim with a T-Mobile SIM card.

New 3G Movistar from Spain works with turbo simcard+Vodafone simcard but it cannot receive incoming calls, I try TTY activated but it doesnt work for incoming calls. Outgoing calls and internet works perfect. Does somebody know this problem?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brent91055 View Post
    Hello,

I just got a new 3G iPhone on the release date. I live here in Boston and decided to try this. It does not work in the US using a Turbo Sim with a T-Mobile SIM card.
    Brent does it not work at all?? no incoming or outgoing?

Thanks

Nothing..it still on the activation screen. Is there something I'm doing wrong, because I'm more than happy to try anything

I forgot to mention. Where the Network service is shown in the upper left hand corner says "Invalid SIM" and goes back to the three little dots
    Last edited by brent91055; 2008-07-14 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Still no answer to fix incoming calls bug??? I tried several modes of alpha x-sim III. Now i have 2 mobile with my sim card cloned, one for incoming calls and iphone for outgoing, internet, ipod, etc. spanish Vodafone. When i am conected to internet the incoming call works, if not the other telephone sounds.

hello!

I've been trying to unlock my friends iphone 3g with the X-sim III and with no sucssess so far.
    I ha thi one:

:: www.super-xsim.com - Home ::

and its programable, so they say, and have 20 shitchable modes that we can switch esely to the phone i want to "unlock".
    dos any one tryed this xsim? dos any one know the IMSI fakesequence to program it?

another question, i had so much difilculty to fit the xsim and the sim in the iphone, is it normal for you or do you know som triks?

i am avalable for EVERY test that any one want me to try with the XSIM3 cards...

thanks in advance...

hello again...

more news, i was able to "unlock" it with the X-sim 3 but....

First: i am from portugal, and we have 3 mobile networks, TMN, OPTIMUS and VODAFONE, only OPTIMUS and VODAFONE are selling iphones 3g.

I tryed with an OPTIMUS locked iphone 3g with a VODAFONE sim-card and it worked fine (making and receiving calls) but when i shwitch to TMN sim-card it does not work! it says "network unavalable" ... i dont understand this....
    Last edited by asther; 2008-07-15 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey guys... I am not upgrading to 3g and I have 2 Turbo sims Id like to get rid of....PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by asther View Post
    hello!
    more news, i was able to "unlock" it with the X-sim 3 but....

First: i am from portugal, and we have 3 mobile networks, TMN, OPTIMUS and VODAFONE, only OPTIMUS and VODAFONE are selling iphones 3g.

I tryed with an OPTIMUS locked iphone 3g with a VODAFONE sim-card and it worked fine (making and receiving calls)
    yo asther! i've sent u a PM! u have unlock a optimus? how? please PM me..

thanks for the nice photos, they are very good quality !

is it hard to put to card, in the little box of the iPhone ?
    No spam!!!!!!

Thanks

def would like to grab one from you, how much?

hey smeeshum, was just wondering how the phone is acting with a 3 sim card - u still having problems receiving calls?

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    Hello, firstly I'd like to say what a great forum this is! I been watching it a while waiting for the new iphone to come out and now it's here I had to become a member.
    I am from the Uk and after queuing for hours and settling for an 8gb instead of a 16gb wants to share something interesting I have found and ask for a bit of advice.
    O2's systems colapsed today so after waiting hours I have an iPhone that is still not connected to the network but I have managed to activate it an use the app store using my home wifi.
    Now for the interesting bit. I have my 3uk works sim in my t-mobile locked N95 using a turbo sim, having found my o2 sim still wasn't active I tried it in my iPhone and to my surprise it worked!!!! However I can only make calls and send texts, it will not receive nor conect to the net. Does anybody here know why it would only work one way? And does anyone know a way I could get of to work possibly?

Cheers Smee

Ps I'm posting from my iPhone and of rocks!!!
    Hi there,

Could you clarify how you go this to work please. I'm going to upgrade my iPhone that I bought for my girlfriend to iPhone 3g and try and unlock it and use my three sim card in it

Just to clarify if I get it from the shop and can they just activate it there without the other iphone sim (as long as i got my account number etc)? or do i need to take it home and then jail brake to activate?

Once activated can I just pop my three sim into the turbo sim and adjust the setting to be fully interneted up?

Or have i got the above wrong and take the phone away and pop the turbo sim in and then have it activated and unlocked?

Also do you have a link to where you bought the turbo sim or where i can get it on ebay...

Many thanks for you time

Richard

Default I m using Turbo Sim ... please Help
    I have iPhone 3G ... on US AT&T network. I just got a turbo sim and tried putting a TMOBILE card in it. The Phone work, I could make and recieve calls

BUT... i cannot connect to the internet. Only if i turn on the Data Roaming then I get internet, but then won't i be charged roaming charges for internet instead of the regular charges ?
    Or do i need to enter APN details in the settings for TMOBILE ?
    Please explain me in detail how do i get Edge on my phone when i am using a TMobile sim card.

I have been using a Universal Sim for the last month and a half on 3. I have full 3g, incoming and outgoing calls and sms. Its definately the best option! No issues whatsoever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast