Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone from Hong Kong has no SIM lock!!

Default iPhone from Hong Kong has no SIM lock!!
    Just found out that iPhone sold in Hong Kong has no SIM Lock!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

And where did you hear about this? A friend of a friend who heard from his sister's brother's mother's dog?

How about some more info.

Hey, before you reply please don't make joke of me! I am just trying to spread the message friendly. If you could read Chinese, please visit this link which explains everything in Chinese... if you read, otherwise, please trust my translation. And don't complain my English because this is not my mother tongue! So as Chinese is not your first language!

So for people who are interested about this, please read here in the FAQ.
    PhoneDaily 手機報 討論區 史提芬夫 的 iPhone 秘技

Even the chairman of 3 (Three HongKong) said that the iPhone selling in Hong Kong has no SIM Lock.

I am still angry because you think I heard it from a DOG.
    Last edited by dotdd; 2008-07-11 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sorry about that, my point wasn't saying you heard it from a dog. It was pointing out how rumors travels and where people hear them from, it was basically a sarcastic way of asking for more information (sarcastic and slightly humorous).

我抱歉

Don't worry... Anyway, I got confirmation from my friends who are ones of the lucky one in Hong Kong (1,500 only are sold in Hong Kong on the first day) and got the iPhone on the first day said the iPhone has no SIM lock. They simply switched the SIM card and replace it with another one, and at first the iPhone would say you need to connect it to iTunes for activation. After few seconds in iTunes, the other SIM card is recognized and no matter how many times they re-plug the SIM card in, iPhone no longer ask for activation only. They think that the iPhone will simply remember the SIM cards you have activated.

Thanks

Sorry about that, my point wasn't saying you heard it from a dog. It was pointing out how rumors travels and where people hear them from, it was basically a sarcastic way of asking for more information (sarcastic and slightly humorous).
    lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    lol
    I can't help but laugh when I read that myself. (for many reasons)

I am still angry™!

Is this for real? Not to doubt you mate, but just to be sure. Can anyone confirm? Does this mean that basically we can get a HK one and just use it anywhere in the whole world? Granted that it uses GSM/UMTS/HSDPA standards?

So far my friends have tried local SIM cards. So cannot answer you this. But... there is no iPhone sold here without contract... You need to subscribe to a 2 years contract here and pay the full prepaid price of the iPhone (HK$4800) which will be deposited back to your account in 24 months.

http://iphone.three.com.hk

I think it is true that HK iPhone are unlocked, I read about it on the Chinese newspaper 2 weeks ago, and reported it here but nobody took notice.

Hmmm. can anyone confirm regarding full SIM freedom? Like can we use it in non-HK operators? So no no-contract pricing there? Hmmm... Is the OS in Chinese? I'm also Chinese, but Chinese is my 3rd language I'm afraid... (Not because I'm not fluent in Chinese, but because I'm even MORE fluent in other languages )

Thanks

I was wondering that as well, wasn't it in germany where they unlocked it to all local providers but it wasn't a true unlock?

Default no sim lock for IPHONE
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondu999 View Post
    Is this for real? Not to doubt you mate, but just to be sure. Can anyone confirm? Does this mean that basically we can get a HK one and just use it anywhere in the whole world? Granted that it uses GSM/UMTS/HSDPA standards?

I just came back from Hong Kong and while I was their I purchased an IPHONE. Let me tell you its true that there is no sim lock on the IPHONE. I've used many different sim cards and they all work.
    Its truely great.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You dug up this thread from 10 months ago to tell us that? Thanks.