Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT sim but getting the sim error

Default ATT sim but getting the sim error
    Hi Guys

I have a 1.0.2 which was i unlocked for a friend. It got that springboard error where all he could see were the icons on the first page.... i decided to reset, upgrade and unlock. Well i am now on 1.1.1 and it has been jailbroken. But t won't even work with an ATT sim from my own iphone. It gives the "Incorrect Sim: This phone must be used with an approved sim" error. Any suggestion?

Also i installed OktoPrep from the installer it does not show up on the springboard even though it is in the list of installed programs in installer. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thank you.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok so

1. OkToPrep isnt a app it is sposed to be installed before upgrading to 1.1.2
    2. you bricked your phone.. you were sposed to re lock it before upgrading there are several guides on verginizing.. but if u ask me virginnizing is a pain in the @$$..

if i helped hit the thanks button
    If i helped hit Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to julianqm2 For This Useful Post:

nacheeze (2007-12-28)

Quote Originally Posted by julianqm2 View Post
    ok so

1. OkToPrep isnt a app it is sposed to be installed before upgrading to 1.1.2
    2. you bricked your phone.. you were sposed to re lock it before upgrading there are several guides on verginizing.. but if u ask me virginnizing is a pain in the @$$..

if i helped hit the thanks button
    So what i can do now? Anything? or is dead like my chances of ever purchasing an apple product again?

Thanks

you can always restore your phone... that's the good thing about the iPhone, you'd have to be a complete idiot to brick it....

restore the phone and then go through the jailbreaking process again

Hi Guys

Ok! so i downgraded back to 1.0.2. And activated it. Even jailbroke it... but it still will not accept any sim card. Not even an ATT sim card. Any suggestion? I would really appreciate any help i can get.

Thanks
    mK