Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incorrect sim

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Incorrect sim
    Phone will not activate with any sim card. I was trying to use anysim and it never worked ended up having to reboot like a million times and now my phone displays this message....

Incorrect sim
    insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone

no sim will work no unlocking method will work im at a stand still.

I.M. me if you have a solution @ xaswellguyx on aim

thanks
    Robert

Thanks

any one have any ideas or do you know where i can go to find this info out i have been to athe apple store and they said im screwed.. any help asap please!

ciao

Robert

Thanks

Try downgrading to 1.0.2 and virginizing. Guides in Wiki section.

man!! i literally just just just had this problem what i did was install itunes 7.4.3 and also firmware 1.1.1 held the home button down till i tunes says it detects a iphone in recovery press shift and the recovery button then i navagated to where i save firmware 1.1.1 and let it install U WILL get an error (its like 1040 or something like that) thats ok jus run ibrickr and it will boot the phone normally

Thanks

ok nothing i have tried has worked im seriously about to just toss this f-ing phone i have done a billion things tried almost every angle and nothing will work i always end up having to restore 1.1.2 and still get the incorrect sim message i know i need to install the lockdownd file but have yet to successfully do it with out freezing my f-ing phone i have the same message as in the photo for the passed 2 weeks ! i am ready to give up if anyone knows how to do this and want to trade a 4g for my 8 i will trade all i need is a iphone that works on tmobile.... i have already purchased the plan and the 10 day grace period has passed so i need to either pay 200 for early termination or get this to work!... if you know how to fix this and want to trade let me know i will only trade for a 4g that will definately work with tmobile please let me know!

if you can point me to the exact location of dierections to fix this problem please do so! i need help bad and i dont know what else to do!

ciao
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by A_SWELLGUY View Post
    ok nothing i have tried has worked im seriously about to just toss this f-ing phone i have done a billion things tried almost every angle and nothing will work i always end up having to restore 1.1.2 and still get the incorrect sim message i know i need to install the lockdownd file but have yet to successfully do it with out freezing my f-ing phone i have the same message as in the photo for the passed 2 weeks ! i am ready to give up if anyone knows how to do this and want to trade a 4g for my 8 i will trade all i need is a iphone that works on tmobile.... i have already purchased the plan and the 10 day grace period has passed so i need to either pay 200 for early termination or get this to work!... if you know how to fix this and want to trade let me know i will only trade for a 4g that will definately work with tmobile please let me know!

if you can point me to the exact location of dierections to fix this problem please do so! i need help bad and i dont know what else to do!

ciao
    Robert
    sell it on ebay. (keep your sim card)

you'll get most of your money back.

then buy a used iPhone thats locked off of craigslist and then re-activate it w/ ur new sim card.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So is there no way to fix these problems? I have the same problem, but my Wi-Fi is also greyed out and I got the 0049 IMEI.

Thanks

I finally got rid of the incorrect sim error..... I had to downgrade to 1.0.2. via ibrickr it was a paint in the arsh! i downgraded 1.0.2 with ibrickr i wasnt able to completely unlock but was able to access it through ibrickr. i then went to apptapp and installed installer then went independance and installed shh and bsd all on 1.0.2 and then activated through independance and was able to completely accesss the phone but not able to read card still.... i went to i.unlock.no and installed it to my sources and ran the virginizer and it freaking worked!

im still leary about trying to unlock it for anysime but now it recognizes a att sim no problem.
    Last edited by A_SWELLGUY; 2008-01-02 at 07:00 AM.