Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First Post - N00b support

Default First Post - N00b support
    Hi guys,
    Firstly, great site, I've been searching about all day and have found answers to all my n00b questions.

BUT, being a noob I have to ask a question.

I have a 1.1.2 OTB iphone, which I've downgraded to 1.1.1, activated it, and now am trying to get my SIM card to work with it. I have an Ireland Vodafone sim and can't get it too work.
    I've tried anysim several times but no joy, the phone sees the sim and asks for the sim unlock code which I enter.
    Everytime I use anySim it says cannot use the sim (or something to that effect).
    Is this just a matter of getting a new sim?
    If so, what should I be looking for in a sim?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

well a OTB 1.1.2 cant be unlock right now with software. you can jailbreak it have it running as a ipod touch until a software unlock is made. there is always turbosim and stealth sim which i never use that some ppl say works. you will find tons of threads about it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maf200311 For This Useful Post:

WKDONE (2007-12-26)

Thanks

Welcome! There is no unlock for out of the box 1.1.2 except turboSIM, but a software unlock is expected later this week or next.

Did you not read what is says? That does unlock iphones 1.1.2, but only if you upgraded. It will not unlock Out Of the Box iphones yet. It also clearly states it at the bottom if you read the whole disclaimer. Next time read everything. When a software unlock is released it will also probably be free and you won't have to pay for nothing like this guy is doing. Everything he is selling you you can find it here on this website and its FREE.

OK sorry for not reading it properly but I nearlly messed my pants when I spotted it. Just got too excited, thank you for pointing out my stupidity, relax.

just read first