Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone else see this?

Default Anyone else see this?
    I was wondering if anybody else saw this, or tried it?

http://www.promootjewebsite.nl/apps/win/AW1001

have not seen that program before....

i'm wondering if that doesn't take your IMEI and broadcast it over the internet making your iphone susceptible to viruses and other unwanted hacks

Quote Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post
    have not seen that program before....

i'm wondering if that doesn't take your IMEI and broadcast it over the internet making your iphone susceptible to viruses and other unwanted hacks
    Alot of good that will do if the phone can't be unlocked in the first place. I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by falconeyez View Post
    Alot of good that will do if the phone can't be unlocked in the first place. I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to work.
    if you've jailbroken your phone, that means that you have Wi-Fi activated.... hence information can be sent to and from your phone....

Quote Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post
    if you've jailbroken your phone, that means that you have Wi-Fi activated.... hence information can be sent to and from your phone....
    Not really, the Wi-Fi runs on a different connection. They would have to find the iphone's IP address after finding out where I was connected, and where the gateway is.

That's not too hard... A few lines of code, and the program can "call" home telling the software developer its' IP address. Come on, people! It's not rocket science. software like this has been around forever.

Will it do what you all think it will? Who knows. I'm more concerned about the software sending the IMEI to the developer, who could use it to reprogram other phones with that IMEI, making them legit since the CEIR doesn't have those IMEI numbers in their stolen database.

Whether or not the phone is unlocked, the IMEI is still good to program into stolen GSM phones.
    Search NAZI

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    That's not too hard... A few lines of code, and the program can "call" home telling the software developer its' IP address. Come on, people! It's not rocket science. software like this has been around forever.

Will it do what you all think it will? Who knows. I'm more concerned about the software sending the IMEI to the developer, who could use it to reprogram other phones with that IMEI, making them legit since the CEIR doesn't have those IMEI numbers in their stolen database.

Whether or not the phone is unlocked, the IMEI is still good to program into stolen GSM phones.
    yeah, what he just said.... there you go... doesn't take much to input a couple strings of code to do all that....