Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Goodbye *Interesting Read*

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Goodbye *Interesting Read*
    After waiting since about 2-3 days after 1.1.2 for the method to unlock for t-mobile and havn't heard a peep from the dev team, i am going to give up on the idea of getting an iPhone. its rather sad to go to their website and not see an update on unlocking the iPhone for nearly 6 weeks, i don't understand why people donate to them without even the slightest shred of news on the situation. The out route is just stupid to buy a $100 sim modifier on top of spending the $400 on a new iPhone, they probably cost about $3 to make, but can charge literally whatever they want for things like turbo/stealth sim because some idiots will pay for it. I would gladly donate some money to the dev team, but when i dont see any news/updates on there website about the entire reason they are around for nearly 2 months it makes me wonder, and in the end it probably just comes down to the facts that they have failed, and they know it but would rather not have the entire iPhone community hate them for it so they havnt said anything.

For those of you who are like "oh be grateful for the dev team blah blah blah" its a pretty stupid comment because not that an unlock still isnt found boards like these will start to slide because you will have no new incoming members of the number if iPhones being unlocked isnt increasing.

A very good friend of mine i went to college with now works at apple and he told me the other day that Apple isnt interested in releasing a new firmware just quite yet, but they can see that their new bootloader has stopped new Iphone users, now they are going to be targeting older iPhones for people who had downgraded ect ect, so for everyone on here that has unlocked their iPhones for any carrier other than at&t regardless of your current firmware/bootloader version ... watch out because a fix for you is coming next.

I have spend thousands of dollars on apple products this year, but not an iPhone, i would have instantly dropped the money for one, but maybe when my t-mobile contract is up in less than a year i will switch to at&t and get the 3G iPhone.

Nice Post, You Put up some good points.

And yes i myself am very stressed and loosing hope on the current unlock situation, geohot hasent updates his blog in a week now =(..

Iv got a 1.1.2 OTB phone in front of me, and my 2nd one is sitting under the tree right now, i personally think that " when your buying an iphone, and dont want att, YOU know what your getting into"!

That being said, im in canada and the iphone isnt even avalible here, so i have to count on the hackers! but if i was in the US i would go ATT in a heartbeat and not ever have to worry about unlocks...

It's really your choice..Buy it with ATT and be a happy iphone user that never has to worry about unlocks, or join the hackers if you dont ( or cant, in my case)

but i also agree with you on the whole " this wait sucks" thing, i dont mind using my iphone atm for a touch, its okay.. i can still use all the features but i just cant use the phone part. So right now, iphone= 100$ More Expensive Ipod touch!.

Im giving up and getting hopeless on the unlock so i have decided to order a turbosim/stealthsim by thurs.. But its okay, i KNEW what i was getting into when i bought my iphone, i knew id have to depend on hacks, so if iv already bought a 500$ phone, i might as well go ahead and spend a 100 more to use it.

Im also pissed as well as how the stealthsim sellers inflated the prices soo much to take advantage of the people who are helpless right now and need an unlock, its terrible to charge 120$ for something that costs not even 2$ to make.. But hey, thats buisness right?

-Anyway, im running off too much,
    - We'll see ya next year?.. with the 3g iphone huh?..
    -Merry xmas

*just my 2 cents*

hi

iam completly understnding you but u gotta look it this way. ipod touch cost $299 and the iphone cost $100 more so by the mean time u can use it as ipod touch and wi fi!

Banned
    Thanks

I agree with you 100%. About 3 weeks ago i posted a thread saying not to give up hope, but all hope is lost for me. They have failed and its quiet clear to everybody. They say they need an update to be able to unlock it, but how is that possible when they have no clue what will come through that update. I guess its over. It was fun while it lasted but MAYBE we will have something by tomorrow or new years. I will be watching until then, but after that, im done with it all and will be going to buy 20 hyper cards. GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    I agree with you 100%. About 3 weeks ago i posted a thread saying not to give up hope, but all hope is lost for me. They have failed and its quiet clear to everybody. They say they need an update to be able to unlock it, but how is that possible when they have no clue what will come through that update. I guess its over. It was fun while it lasted but MAYBE we will have something by tomorrow or new years. I will be watching until then, but after that, im done with it all and will be going to buy 20 hyper cards. GREAT
    Ch'Yea!

Fun while it lasted but its not fun anymore

I hear what you guys are saying.

But you guys have to remember, these are people that have lives too. They are depending on donations to do things that they could easily charge a lot of money for (like the creators of all the hardware hacks), instead, they do it for free or accept whatever you give to them.

Also, it is christmas time and they do have lives too. So why would they be slaving behind a computer for us while we're out having fun with our family members during a time of family gathering?

I've been patiently awaiting the unlock for quite some time too because I have the phone but am in a country that doesn't have At&t or any of the other valid carriers. I will have an At&t chip when I do go back to Chicago.

All I can say is just be patient and remember that the Dev Team are human just like all of us.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

LMAO @ this thread... Stop crying and complaining and just sign up for AT&T.

LMAO! You guys are great!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SiLeNtKiLLa For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (2007-12-25), spiderman001728 (2007-12-27)

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    LMAO @ this thread... Stop crying and complaining and just sign up for AT&T.

LMAO! You guys are great!
    If this retard would'a bothered to read half the posts in this thread..

he would know that..

WHERE SOME OF US ARE ! THERES NO ATT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
    If this retard would'a bothered to read half the posts in this thread..

he would know that..

WHERE SOME OF US ARE ! THERES NO ATT!!
    Agreed.... I guess "hooked on phonics" didn't work for everyone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Then I guess all you cry babies are just assed out of luck then huh?? LMAO!!

Come to the states, you will be in good shape! So sad, too bad.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Then I guess all you cry babies are just assed out of luck then huh?? LMAO!!

Come to the states, you will be in good shape! So sad, too bad.
    Yes beacuse im gonna move to a new country just to get a phone to work..

/overcome with the amount of dumb silent killa posseses

* and cry babies?..i bet youd be whining too if you were in our shoes, Mr..
    howd u like it if your iphone couldent be unlocked..

Don't encourage the attention seekers...

Alright, you all need to calm down and BE PATIENT. The dev team are real people with real problems. How about if you can't wait for an unlock, you work on it?!! Either that or stop complaining. Nobody took a gun to your head and MADE you buy a (so far) unlockable iPhone. You could go get a phone supported by your carrier, and just wait. It is ultimately your fault for getting the iPhone in the first place. Stop complaining, wait patiently or help.
    !ROHT YTHGIM EHT MA I

Quote Originally Posted by vampyros_wrath View Post
    Alright, you all need to calm down and BE PATIENT. The dev team are real people with real problems. How about if you can't wait for an unlock, you work on it?!! Either that or stop complaining. Nobody took a gun to your head and MADE you buy a (so far) unlockable iPhone. You could go get a phone supported by your carrier, and just wait. It is ultimately your fault for getting the iPhone in the first place. Stop complaining, wait patiently or help.
    Totally agree with you.

Dude anything is possible these days. So the DEV team havent failed thats for sure.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

One... I would'nt buy ANYTHING knowing the possibilities of not being able to use it

Two... I would'nt spend $3-600 on ANYTHING when my personal usage have not even been cofirmed possible yet. (DUH!)

Three... I did'nt mind signing a contract with AT&T, so either way I would have been fine. LOL! As a matter fact I did, till I found it possible to put on T-Mobile, then cancelled.

SO either way I was in good shoes, sorry for the dumb decisions and lack of possibilites in your area... LOL!

I dont think its a bad buy irrespective of the current situation. It cost $320 to buy an ITouch in Canada. So for an extra $70, I'm getting an itouch with the possiblity of using the device as a phone. I'm lovin the "locked" i phone and I don't regret getting it.... Juss my Thoughts. Merry X-Mas to all!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

i live in the states, but im on t-mobile and dont want to drop the extra $200 on getting out of my current contract. I was with t-mobile long before the iPhone was even publicly known about, so to spend 400 for the phone, 200 to get out of contract early, and another 25+ dollars a month for the plan doesnt make sense until my t-mobile is up.

and the whole dev team has a life its christmas time bullsh*t doesnt fly when the new bootloader has ben around a lot longer than "christmas time" more like 2 months before christmas. The "dev team" shouldnt expect donations nor should they not update us with information and put all this supposed time into this if they have "lives" outside of hacking the iPhone. they chose to start this in the first place and if it cuts into there personal lives thats their choice not ours, so that excuse doesnt fly either. [/rant] [/thread]

Quote Originally Posted by kutrackkid View Post
    and the whole dev team has a life its christmas time bullsh*t doesnt fly when the new bootloader has ben around a lot longer than "christmas time" more like 2 months before christmas. The "dev team" shouldnt expect donations nor should they not update us with information and put all this supposed time into this if they have "lives" outside of hacking the iPhone. they chose to start this in the first place and if it cuts into there personal lives thats their choice not ours, so that excuse doesnt fly either. [/rant] [/thread]
    well, good for you for living in the states...

as for the dev team, if you think u can do better, then by all means go ahead... yes, they chose to start the hacking process on their own, so it's up to them to continue it if they want to or keep it all to themselves....

they're not making money off of what they do, they could easily sell their hard work like all the little sim hacks floating around.

you speak like a true non-donator.... im sure that u leech off of their hard work and complain when things seem to slow down or they don't cater to your needs

Well then, if you don't care about their lives, I don't think they need to care about yours. You are responsible for getting the iPhone, not them. You could have been happy with a blackberry pearl, but you got the iPhone, knowing that it was not yet unlockable with the new bootloader. If you don't care about their lives, then you work on the unlock.
    !ROHT YTHGIM EHT MA I

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast