Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will a quick and easy 1.1.2 jailbreak come soon?

Default Will a quick and easy 1.1.2 jailbreak come soon?
    I just recently bought an iPhone that came with 1.1.2 already installed. Trust me, i have done everything i can do possible to downgrade it to 1.1.1 and nothing has worked and has just left be restoring my iPhone about a bajillion times.

Do you think there is a simple way to do it coming soon? Like a jailbreakme.com update for 1.1.2 or something. Or will 1.1.1 be the only way to jailbreak?

Magic 8 Ball says "maybe"

Uggg!
    I cant wait until maybe!
    My iPhone is so boringggggg hahahahaha

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So the new iphones can't be jailbroken??

I was trying to go back to 1.1.1 today and I could not get it to work. so I used Independance, the new beta version and ran the DFU Button and it put my phone into recovery mode where now, Itunes will not download any version of the firmware.... I think the apple store is going to be pretty busy today with Christmas Shoppers so I hope I can at least get back to something. Any advice?
    Last edited by willyphx; 2007-12-24 at 11:16 PM. Reason: I did not finish

ya I cant get it to work with my new iphone either

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willyphx View Post
    I was trying to go back to 1.1.1 today and I could not get it to work. so I used Independance, the new beta version and ran the DFU Button and it put my phone into recovery mode where now, Itunes will not download any version of the firmware.... I think the apple store is going to be pretty busy today with Christmas Shoppers so I hope I can at least get back to something. Any advice?
    You do know that you have to manually download the 1.1.1 firmware don't you? Save it to your computer, plug in the phone and when iTunes comes up, hold shift when you click restore then browse for the file you downloaded.

I downloaded my 1.1.2, jailbroke it then re-upgraded it to 1.1.2

i been to 1.1.1 on my week 49 otb iphone but wifi ?? me up
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2007-12-26 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Default ?
    Well what do i do? I have the 1.1.1 firmware file, and when i shift click check for updates (and i tryed restore), and open the file, It seems all fine but when its done it gives me the connect to itunes symbol. So i connect and it says i need to restore and when i click restore, it automatically updates to 1.1.2. So, please help. I know i pretty dumb when it comes to these things and i know im probably making a little mistake somewhere.

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CKYGuy09 View Post
    Well what do i do? I have the 1.1.1 firmware file, and when i shift click check for updates (and i tryed restore), and open the file, It seems all fine but when its done it gives me the connect to itunes symbol. So i connect and it says i need to restore and when i click restore, it automatically updates to 1.1.2. So, please help. I know i pretty dumb when it comes to these things and i know im probably making a little mistake somewhere.

thanks
    Restore to 1.1.1 and let the phone reboot (or do it yourself for good measure) then when it comes back up to the 'connect to iTunes' screen, run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak package. I seem to recall I came across this a bit back when unlocking a 1.1.1 iPhone but I can't think of anything specific I did to get around it. I may have downgraded to firmware 1.0.2 at some stage, then restored back to 1.1.1.

Thanks for the relpy but i got it. Holy crap i may have done the long way but after a hour im at version 1.1.2 and have the installer so yay!

Thanks

will jailbreaking a 1.1.2 OTB erase everything on my iPhone?

Sence ive already posted a couple posts im gonna ask just one more question on this thread. Ok how do you intstall themes? Like i go into installer and pick just a random theme, click install, then it refreshes my main icons, but doesnt change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CKYGuy09 View Post
    Sence ive already posted a couple posts im gonna ask just one more question on this thread. Ok how do you intstall themes? Like i go into installer and pick just a random theme, click install, then it refreshes my main icons, but doesnt change.
    Not sure. I installed Summerboard and use its themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eikcuhc View Post
    will jailbreaking a 1.1.2 OTB erase everything on my iPhone?
    The first step in the process is essentially a factory restore (even though you are downgrading FW) so yes this step will wipe your data.
    Last edited by Wayno; 2007-12-26 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost