Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ahh i think iv had it!

Default Ahh i think iv had it!
    Yeap, 1.1.2 Unlock waiter, soo tired of waiting and checking these fourms 24/7 for unlock, and soo many scammer websites getting my hopes up and down..

if i hear nothing by the 26th imma go ahead and order a hypercard or something, along with my sister and dad for thier iphones as well ( theyre waiting as well , just like me! )

But i'd suck if while my hypercards were in transit, the unlock was released =(.. lol.. so how long u guys think itll be b4 an unlock is there?.. cause itll take a week or 2 to get the hypercards here anyway, so wondering..on one side i want to keep waiting, but on the other i could order, but it wouldent be cool that the unlock got released b4 i get my sims =(

Who else ordered stealthsim or those sim things recently?..or you guys are gonna keep waiting!?

*pretty damn close to caving in ..
    Last edited by Unleashed; 2007-12-24 at 03:38 AM.

Well just wait for a software unlock.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

I disagree. I really dont see any software unlock coming anytime soon. I went ahead and got a sim tool.

Even if they come up with an unlock, it will only be a matter of time before APPL comes up with a counter-measure. If they do, its possible your sim tool will work through that, any new firmware or bootloader upgrade will put you back to square one unless you chose to keep the "old" firmware.

Much hope is being pinned on the so called Dev team. I just dont think they will come through this time.

Just my humble opinion.

The site you advertise in your signature is actually taking pre-orders? Other than wishful thinking how can your friends at iPhoneSimfree take money from people when the great minds of the Dev team have been unsuccessful thus-far?

Can you really be objective when you tell people to wait for the software unlock?

Do you work for them? Are you paid to tout their service here? When you asked the poster to wait for the software unlock are you truly giving him objective advice?

Just curious...not a flame, just an honest questions. Perhaps I am reading this wrong and if I am, please let me know. I value this place because I have always felt it represented the open source movement and was free of commercial bias.
    Last edited by taylorcold; 2007-12-24 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    I disagree. I really dont see any software unlock coming anytime soon. I went ahead and got a sim tool.

Even if they come up with an unlock, it will only be a matter of time before APPL comes up with a counter-measure. If they do, its possible your sim tool will work through that, any new firmware or bootloader upgrade will put you back to square one unless you chose to keep the "old" firmware.

Much hope is being pinned on the so called Dev team. I just dont think they will come through this time.

Just my humble opinion.

The site you advertise in your signature is actually taking pre-orders? Other than wishful thinking how can your friends at iPhoneSimfree take money from people when the great minds of the Dev team have been unsuccessful thus-far?

Can you really be objective when you tell people to wait for the software unlock?

Do you work for them? Are you paid to tout their service here? When you asked the poster to wait for the software unlock are you truly giving him objective advice?

Just curious...not a flame, just an honest questions. Perhaps I am reading this wrong and if I am, please let me know. I value this place because I have always felt it represented the open source movement and was free of commercial bias.
    Well with the Site in his sig, they claim the same thing the dev team is exlaiming, they say that they need a new firmware to supposedlyt" release " it.. ( im saying that whats stumping them is the same thing the dev team needs, a NEW SECPACK!

so why bother rooting for that site?, they say when the new firmware comes they will release it..

same with the devteam, the devteam will also release the new anysim as soon as a firmware update comes!.

so i do beleive that site, since it is ISPF, but why bother rooting for them while theyre ragging on the same thing the dev team is.

and the devteam wont charge for thier software! while ISPF will!
    Last edited by Unleashed; 2007-12-24 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post

Just my humble opinion.

um......yes your wrong
    What makes you so cinfident that the "DEV TEAM" wont make it through 1.1.2. Hey thats what they said about 1.1.1 but look what happend its unlocked. So just be paitent. The software unlock will come out for OTB 1.1.2 iphones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

I see you removed the link in your sig. Maybe I was wrong. I am glad you removed it.

How can you be so confident that they will? Past performance is no guarantee of future success. Its been a long time and nothing from them. Even you my friend were observed grasping at straws when you posted a link to a 3 week old article about some bootloader exploits.

Hey, I hope you are right but this path seems to be destined to be, in the words of Steve Jobs, a "cat and mouse" game. Lets face it, he has the resources to be the biggest baddest cat in this game. People will always be looking over their shoulders at the next looming FW update.

I can already see more and more here facing the facts about the future of software unlocks. They will always be transitory. The Devs may keep one step ahead of AAPL but eventually APPL will wear you down.

I dunno if APPL will ever win... They release firmware upgrades but by no means are you required to upgrade.

If there are new features or applications that APPL releases, they always seem to be a step behind the Dev Team and other artist on the forums. There have already been so many apps released by non-APPL people.

It took APPL 4 firmware releases to actually slow down the hacktivating community. And still they're losing because of the StealthSim and other such hardware hacks.

Well im sick of waiting thats for sure. But i still wait till jan 08.

Yeah... I'll still be waiting patiently... I'm not going to fork out another $100+ for a hardware hack that no one knows if a new software is released to detect the hardware hack and fry the phone...

at least with softwares you can always just restore the phone and jailbreak it to a certain point

Quote Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post
    Yeah... I'll still be waiting patiently... I'm not going to fork out another $100+ for a hardware hack that no one knows if a new software is released to detect the hardware hack and fry the phone...

at least with softwares you can always just restore the phone and jailbreak it to a certain point
    Yeah true.