Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm confused about the dialing portion of the jailbreak process. Can someone help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question I'm confused about the dialing portion of the jailbreak process. Can someone help?
    Please help, in the materials, I reach a portion where I'm instructed to dial numbers, and then answer or not answer etc.. Also, It says to use the X button in the upper right corner to clear the previous characters so that I can enter 0 and dial again. My problem is, as soon as I dial the first set of numbers and my phone starts ringing, there is the incoming call screen, on which the only options I have are accept or decline, there is no X to push to clear the characters, the keypad is not there. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Am I to answer the first call, and then clear the characters and dial 0? or is there something Im mis-understanding? It seems like this is a critical portion of the process, as I was not able to successfully unlock and downgrade, upgrade my firmware. I did manage to get the installer installed, but when i upgraded back to 1.1.2. my phone is jailed again, and the installer is gone.. I am very frustrated, and could use some individual help.. I love my phone and want to do the modding on it, but it seems beyond me somehow.. Please help!!!! Don.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

You didn't make it clear - had you already downloaded to 1.1.1 before trying the *#307# ? What you describe is what happens on 1.1.2 firmware.

So shift-click restore firmware in iTunes.
    Dial *#307# <call>, delete the number, dial 0 <call>, <answer>, <hold>, <decline>, create the contact with prefs://11 and http://jailbreakme.com URLs, connect to wifi, browse to jailbreakme.com, install AppSnapp and you're golden.

Once you've been through this little lot, you should be jailbroken on 1.1.1. Install Oktoprep, upgrade to 1.1.2 through iTunes, run windows.bat from 1.1.2-jailbreak (install SSH too for good measure) and you have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sorry if i wasnt clear, but let me see if I have this straight: If I had downgraded to 1.1.1. firmware, I would stay at the keypad screen after dialing *#307#? but if I was running 1.1.2. firmware still, I would immediately go to the accept/decline screen? If so, I can see what the problem was, and thanks so much for pointing out where I had erred. Don.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamcecil View Post
    I'm sorry if i wasnt clear, but let me see if I have this straight: If I had downgraded to 1.1.1. firmware, I would stay at the keypad screen after dialing *#307#? but if I was running 1.1.2. firmware still, I would immediately go to the accept/decline screen? If so, I can see what the problem was, and thanks so much for pointing out where I had erred. Don.
    I'm pretty sure that's how it works. When I try *#307* on my 1.1.2 iPhone, I just get Accept / Decline but I have been through this process with several 1.1.1 iPhones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's how it works. When I try *#307* on my 1.1.2 iPhone, I just get Accept / Decline but I have been through this process with several 1.1.1 iPhones.
    Thanks Wayno, I was really pulling my hair out last night, trying to find an X to press on the accept/ decline screen. I feel a little like an ***, but I'll get over it when I start installing cool **** on my Iphone... Don.

hi there i get to the part where i press install app snap and i've done it like 7 times and it still returns me to the slide for emergency call screen,what may i be doing wrong?