Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Serial No: 7T742H8AWH8... is this 3.9 boot loader and unlockable?

Default Serial No: 7T742H8AWH8... is this 3.9 boot loader and unlockable?
    hi mates... i have iphone 1.1.1 with serial number 7T742H8AWH8, and i know its week 42 but im not sure if all week 42 have bl 3.9... my boss said that this was used with any simcard but after he accedentally update it into 1.1.2.. now i downgrade it and now running on 1.1.1.. but im surprised after how many times of base band downgrading fails and decided to check the boot loader via WinSCP, it says boot loader is 4.6.... can any one explain this matter?.. i cant figure out if what happend after i tried to update it to 1.1.2...
    Last edited by rudeaex; 2007-12-23 at 03:22 PM.

Actually if you update the firmware to 1.1.2, it is not supposed to change the bootloader. This means if your iphone came out initially with bootloader 3.9, it would stay at bootloader 3.9 and not becoming BL 4.6 even if you have upgraded to firmware 1.1.2.
    The question is: was your phone really have the bl 3.9 when you purchased?
    I doubted it though, since your iphone generation was the 42nd week and it was more likely to have bl 4.6 from the OTB.
    Anyway, if you have doubt about it, why don't you try to read the forum thread about upgrading from 1.1.1 to fw 1.1.2 with bootloader 3.9.
    check it out.
    Buang