Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: week 45 with 1.1.1??

Default week 45 with 1.1.1??
    Hi all.... my iPhone broke and I needed to get a new one before my trip to Israel on Tues.....

stupid me, and I got a week 45 one....

now here's the interesting thing.....

I got it to unlock once (I've restored it probably 50 times today) before I screwed it up.... after upgrading to 1.1.2 and then downgrading....

I can't figure out how to check the bootloader (stupid me I know)

but here's my info

SN# 5k7458Z....

It came with 1.1.1 not 1.1.2 does that mean I have a chance and I have a low number week 45?

Should I jailbreak etc and work with (try unlocking) using 1.1.1 or 1.1.2?

Best,

Thanks for all the help...

-Zac

the first 5 indicates that the phone was issued by Apple as a replacement, not a retail purchase so you have a chance of having the old bootloader. if it was ever unlocked then you can reunlock it again. very easy instructions: restore to 1.1.1 (if it errors 1015, just close out iTunes completely and run indpendence if you have a Mac, it will show: connected, disconnected and then you will have your activation screen). now just use the *#307# trick to jailbreak. install bsd, then add i.unlock.no to installer and in unlocking tools run downgrade baseband. after it downgrades the baseband, just re-restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak AGAIN and run anysim. could be accomplished in a total of 25 minutes (thats including 2 restores)

Yeah that iphone doesnt look like a retail one. Looks like a Refurb version of the iphone.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..