Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kinda new to the site and had a few questions

Default Kinda new to the site and had a few questions
    Well I browsed this site for awhile now and just recently registered.I just bought a used 8GB iPhone with the 1.1.1 firmware and wanted to know a few things.I tried searching but didn't really find a definate answer to my questions.I am currently an AT&T customer.When I turn on the iPhone I can access the wifi part of the iPhone and of course the iPod part.The guy I bought it from was still using the phone when I bought it so he showed me there was nothing wrong with it.I paid him for it and we took out his sim card.He then called AT&T and told them he wasn't going to use the phone anymore.

When I try and put my sim in the phone it says new sim detected or something of the sort.Is there a way I can use my existing AT&T sim in the phone and use it without going through iTunes??I have watched a few of the jailbreak videos on YouTube but still didn't see anyone that was using a preowned iPhone.I want to use the phone to make calls and still use the wifi part.I don't want the EDGE part at all.I have all my DATA and text messages disabled through AT&T.Sorry for the long post and I hope I haven't confused anyone.I do that sometimes.Trying to figure this out without messing the phone up.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by fastv6; 2007-12-23 at 12:40 AM.

correct me if I'm wrong but u have two choices.

1: call AT&T and ask them to update ur acount to activate ur phone.

2 simply jailbreak and unlock the phone to use your AT&T sim without having to change plans.

Simple search will give u what's needed to do trick.

If I helped you in anyway, show some love! hit the thanks button!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ridge For This Useful Post:

fastv6 (2007-12-23)

Well after finally jailbreaking my phone,I made one successful call and now it won't make or receive calls.When I shut it down it says different sim detected.Please connect to iTunes.I used the installer and anySim and it said it was successful.What do I do now???

Thanks