Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Asssistance with :anySIM cannot unlock the iPhone

Default Asssistance with :anySIM cannot unlock the iPhone
    Hi!
    After several attempts of running anySIM with my iphone I get the same error message:
    anySim cannot unlock the iphone. Please restart your phone etc etc

These are my settings:
    Firmware: 04.0.1.13_G
    Version: 1.1.1(3A109a)
    Jailbreaked
    anySim 1.1 installed

Any recommendation as to what to do?

Thanks,
    E

whats ur serial number? maybe it has the new bootloader?

I am having the exact same issue. Jailbreak and install/mods work just fine. My serial# is 5K7360JTWH8. Any other ideas?

Guys try permissioning the anysim.app to 755.

I use Transmit on my MacBook Pro, Ctrl + click on the anysim.app and go to info and set permission to 755 and hit ok/apply.

Did you guys follow this thread to unlock the phone?
    Last edited by skorpiond; 2007-12-23 at 03:15 AM.

Yes, the steps were easy except for trying to located the 'X' when activating by dialing the sequence of *#307#. There is no X so I just continued.

Transmit.... Are you suggesting to FTP into the iPhone? I assume that I can do that if I am connect the iPhone to the MBP via the USB cable?

Quote Originally Posted by swich2mac View Post
    Yes, the steps were easy except for trying to located the 'X' when activating by dialing the sequence of *#307#. There is no X so I just continued.

Transmit.... Are you suggesting to FTP into the iPhone? I assume that I can do that if I am connect the iPhone to the MBP via the USB cable?
    The "X" is meant to be backspace to be able to dial "0"... anyways... yes Transmit is an ftp transfer application so you don't need to use the USB cable, make sure you have SSH installed and wifi enabled.

Yup, I am in now and about to make the change you recommended.

OK, it was already set to 755. Any ideas?
    Last edited by swich2mac; 2007-12-23 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what version anysim you installed? Make sure its 1.1.1 anysim

1.2.1u as indicated in the instructions in this forum. It was also the default package in my ModMyI group.

Just tried with anySIM 1.1 and 1.2.1u and got the same error. My firmware is 04.02.13g and I purchased the phone on launch day. Should I go to AT&T and obtain a new SIM card?
    Last edited by swich2mac; 2007-12-23 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

did you try putting a non-at&t sim card and see if it works?
    maybe its already unlocked?