Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OTB iPhone 1.12 Activation and Jailbreak?

Default OTB iPhone 1.12 Activation and Jailbreak?
    hello,

i just wanted to make a few clarifications before i buy an iphone
    ok, so all iphones currently being sold throught att and apple are bootloader 4.06 and fw 1.12
    currently this setup cannot be unlocked without using turbosim or stealthsim
    however they can be jailbroken for games and apps by downgrading to 1.11, jailbreaking, using oktoprep, and then updating back 1.12

but my main question is can all this done without activating the phone?
    is there a fake activation process that can be done to otb 1.12 iphones?

is i democracy really an all in one process?

if i were to buy a new iphone and bring it home, how would i go about using this iphone on my current plan with my current att sim instead of signing a new 2 year contract?

thanks in advance,
    vinvam

Basically yes you are correct. You can Jailbreak not unlock the current OTB iPhones. When you jailbreak you do go thorough the "fake" activation you speak of.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonesolutionz For This Useful Post:

vinvam (2007-12-22)

sweet
    thanks for all your help

so i can do everything i want to do (fake activate and jail break) with idemocracy 2.0?

I am in the same boat!
    I want to use my current At&T simm and plan, paying for it by the way so might as well.

I just want an easy guide on how to jail break and put all the neat app. on the iphone that it is so badly lacking....I have OTB 1.1.2 I am sure.

Can someone point me to a guide on how to do this or does the guide work that was put up in the forum read me first.

I did do that and if that works for just unlocking the phone for applications then I will do it...Just don't want to screw up the new iphone.. It did state that the newer OTB iphone could not be unlocked but I think that meant simm unlocked... Am I correct?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by catburgler View Post
    I am in the same boat!
    I want to use my current At&T simm and plan, paying for it by the way so might as well.

I just want an easy guide on how to jail break and put all the neat app. on the iphone that it is so badly lacking....I have OTB 1.1.2 I am sure.

Can someone point me to a guide on how to do this or does the guide work that was put up in the forum read me first.

I did do that and if that works for just unlocking the phone for applications then I will do it...Just don't want to screw up the new iphone.. It did state that the newer OTB iphone could not be unlocked but I think that meant simm unlocked... Am I correct?

Thanks!
    OTB 1.12 iphones cannot be software unlocked. (meaning you can't use a non-att sim card)
    OTB 1.12 iphones can be jailbroken (meaning that third party applications can be installed on them)

Default Thanks
    I did have that part clear just wanted to know what steps have to be taken to add the extra applications...I thinK I found it though...
    Thanks again.

hi guys, first of all thanks all of you for iphone unlocking tools,, and also the great team-dev
    i'm living in turkey/istanbul and using turkcell like o2 or t.mobile, as i purchased new OTB 1.1.2 US iphone and read that otb 1.1.2 is not unlocked with my simcard. so i downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbreaked. well i wonder if its possible to unlock my sim with the downgraded firmware 1.1.1?

nope, you cannot software unlock

you can unlock using a sim tool
    like stealthsim or turbosim
    try one of those