Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Jailbreaking 1.1.1

Default Help with Jailbreaking 1.1.1
    I just got a 4GB iPhone, upgraded to 1.1.1, and am having trouble jailbreaking (using the guide here using jailbreakme.com). The problem is that jailbreakme.com is not responding. I got it to open on my PC with IE, but the phone can't connect. Safari says it cannot find the server.

I tried last night using Carnaval, and jailbreaking worked, but I couldn't update Installer so I could unlock it. That makes it sound like my wifi. I guess I could try opening my wifi instead of using security.

Any other ideas?

No luck when I turned off security.

Are there wired unlock solutions?

Actually, Safari won't load any page. But my wifi is working...this PC is on wifi and the iPhone connects to the network.
    Last edited by benson197; 2007-12-21 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if you cannot load any webpage, then it is definitely your wifi.
    Check your wifi info under the settings,
    press the little blue button next to your wifi and check to see if you are getting an ip address from your router, or a self-assigned ip address.

If you ip address doesn't have the same first digits (usually first 6, depending on the router), then it is your router that is not allowing your phone to connect properly, and your phone is assigning itself an ip address which won't work.

It looks like it is getting a valid ip address. My PC is the next increment, both share the same subnet and gateway (router on the iPhone).

Thanks

I'm assuming that your computer is able to access the internet ok, since you're online.
    So if your internet is working on your computer, and your computer and iphone have the valid ip addresses, it should work. If your phone is not able to load any pages at all,
    something else is wrong, I don't know how to help you.
    Sorry.

Yeah, my computer is working, my iphone appears to have a valid ip address. I'm kinda stuck.

Thanks

Have you tested it on someone else's wifi? If it still doesn't work, take it back to apple and have them check it. Sounds like you haven't jailbroken it yet, so you should be fine.
    Last edited by annaj; 2007-12-26 at 03:29 AM. Reason: typo

go to apple store...their wifi is really good.