Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone with gophone sim doesn't seem to work?

Default iphone with gophone sim doesn't seem to work?
    Hi there. .

I have a 1.1.4 iphone that i use as basically an ipod touch. I live just outside the ATT coverage area so i decided to go ahead and try using a gophone sim thats activated in the iPhone.

My iPhone was activated with pwnage and the stock ATT sim that comes with the iPhone( i use a mac ) when i did so i didnt pick any of the baseband options and instead just picked activate phone.

The gophone sim works in the gophone but not in the iphone at all.

Im sure i must be doing something wrong or missed something.

Do i need to reactivate with the gophone sim installed or try to use the baseband options?

Any help or advice is appreciated and thanks for your patience on what will seem like a newb question to most.

Best Wishes

Are you SURE you're phone is Unlocked? Please check. Also check to see if it accepts any other sim or not.

thanks for the reply. I had only jailbroke the iPhone. I was mistaken in thinking with a valid AT&T go phone sim I wouldnt need to unlock the baseband.

I have it all working now.

Thanks
    What if I dont have AT&T any more "disconeted" I have a GoPhone activated will it work? My 3G 3.1.2 iPhone is jailbroke and unlocked with Blackra1n and Blacksn0w is there somthing else I dont know about? Apreciate if you could help!!!