Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPSF Possible 1.1.2 OOTB unlock confirmation.

The TurboSIM method I would mostly NOT recommend at all. Messing with hardware is never a good idea. The TurboSIM method can reduce the lifetime of you phone, not to mention you can cause serious short circuiting.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    The TurboSIM method I would mostly NOT recommend at all. Messing with hardware is never a good idea. The TurboSIM method can reduce the lifetime of you phone, not to mention you can cause serious short circuiting.
    i was under the impression all you do is place a certain cover along with your sim in the slot...i really doubt that'll short circuit the phone or reduce its lifespan...i think waiting for new firmware and not knowing when the unlock is coming out ends up reducing the lifespan of the phone or at least its obsolesence either way.

i guess it all depends on what phone your currently using and how long your willing to continue using it.

i wish we could just get some real solid information soon.

Yeah we will get information. Hey the new firmware is due on JAN 08 so yeah...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

Yeah we will get information. Hey the new firmware is due on JAN 08 so yeah...
    Can you post a link of where you read that please? Is there any chance the new firmware will not include an upgraded bootloader?

Quote Originally Posted by kk22 View Post
    Can you post a link of where you read that please? Is there any chance the new firmware will not include an upgraded bootloader?
    Dude Apple updating the bootloader doesn't mean that us people with OTB 1.1.2 bootloader 4.6 cant unlock the iphones if apple updates the bootloader it means people with OTB 1.1.3 firmware wont be able to unlock their OTB 1.1.3 iphones. The DEV team have already found exploits on the 1.1.2 bootloader so their just waiting for the new update (1.1.3) so they can use the secpack and remove 1.1.2 firmware and then we have our selfs an nlock for 1.1.2 iphones.

UNDERSTAND NOW?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

nope not really...your not too good at making sense

Ok Looks At It This Way

New Bl = Unlock For 1.1.2 Iphones But Not For 1.1.3

New Bb = A Full Unlock For Us 1.1.2 Iphones.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

rodinman
    PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU HAVE INFORMATION IN REGARDS TO THIS RUMOUR.

If you want to post your feelings and emotions on this rumour:

Please use this thread: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20599

We need as much info from people who understand the Chinese language and have updates or useful info.

If this thread gets flooded, it will be closed. Please dont let this happen.

oooopppppsssss. Wrong site..
    Last edited by rodinman; 2007-12-29 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

p*ssed_off_all_the_time (2008-01-02)

Lmao!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

Yeah i can get a hyper sim but its to $$ and it can re-lock anytime and you cant swap sims easy. Where is software unlock the only way it can re-lock is by updating the firmware. And you can swap sims as you wish and its free!!!!
    And while you wait for a software unlock, your iphone with 1.1.2 and BL4.6 is an ipod instead of an iphone....

Software is free, but usually takes months down the line to code and set us all free.

For all current 1.1.2 BL4.6 users, I highly recommend getting a turboSIM.

I dunna know what drugs you on man, but there is no way that a TurboSIM can cause damage or serious short circuiting - unless youre a complete Kn0B.

And just for the record, i'm not sponsored by TurboSIM, I've just been totally satisfied using my 2 x 1.1.2 BL4.6 iphones for the last 6 weeks with turboSIMs -> instead of owning 2 x ipods... I think the choice is simple, and worth the hassle.
    Last edited by cheetah2k; 2007-12-29 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

But its a rip off i mean they make it for $4 lol and sell it for like 120

18. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

iphone003 (2007-12-30)

hey do any of you know if the turbosim results in a weaker network signal? I also would like to know if you can upgrade to any version you'd like and if not the latest than which?

No the signal is the same. But Apple can disable the Turbosims simply by just updating the Baseband which they have already done.

the question was and still is what is the latest version you can upgrade to with turbosim?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456