Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DONT buy from stealthsim.ca!

Default DONT buy from stealthsim.ca!
    DON"T buy from them. Their charges are ridiculous. The sim shows as costing 89.99 and when it's all said and done it comes out to $140. They charged me about $30 for shipping a package (the size of a post stamp) 30 kilometers. I placed my order at noon and they DIDN"T even ship out that day, I placed it on monday and they shipped it out tuesday night and ontop of that, they charged me $30 and guess what? It's not even overnight, and I'm 30 km away!!! This is ridiculous, their customer service is terrible, since I've paid they haven't replied to my emails. I wouldn't buy from them EVER again. It's now wednesday night and I still don't have the package. A regular letter (where the stealth sim would fit perfectly) mailed with a 50 cent stamp would take less time.

PS: I'm on the phone with Canada Post, they say (as it shows on the website) that the package was dropped off on tuesday at 17:36 (cut off time is 17:00), so basically they shipped it out 2 days late. As well Canada Post said shipping a package like that should cost about $9, a far cry from the $30 they charged me! Way to go stealthsim.ca!
    Last edited by rodol101; 2007-12-19 at 11:50 PM.

I dont know why u would complain about stealthsim.ca I bought 2 sims from them and I got them exactly in 3 days, but why did you buy it if you were thinking the price was too high??? i'm curious -anyways I paid 19.99 for shipping plus tax- I don't knoow about u but I found them for more expensive on ebay, so this was pro for me and i even inserted the sim myself did the work myself and I have no clue about hacking n all tht jazz. Neways I think you are badgering dem for no reason- they r da reason my iphones work!!! and if shipping is 19.99 i think thts fair- i got it at my door

peace out y'all.
    ANgel**~~~

Quote Originally Posted by rodol101 View Post
    DON"T buy from them. Their charges are ridiculous. The sim shows as costing 89.99 and when it's all said and done it comes out to $140. They charged me about $30 for shipping a package (the size of a post stamp) 30 kilometers. I placed my order at noon and they DIDN"T even ship out that day, I placed it on monday and they shipped it out tuesday night and ontop of that, they charged me $30 and guess what? It's not even overnight, and I'm 30 km away!!! This is ridiculous, their customer service is terrible, since I've paid they haven't replied to my emails. I wouldn't buy from them EVER again. It's now wednesday night and I still don't have the package. A regular letter (where the stealth sim would fit perfectly) mailed with a 50 cent stamp would take less time.

PS: I'm on the phone with Canada Post, they say (as it shows on the website) that the package was dropped off on tuesday at 17:36 (cut off time is 17:00), so basically they shipped it out 2 days late. As well Canada Post said shipping a package like that should cost about $9, a far cry from the $30 they charged me! Way to go stealthsim.ca!
    Where do u live?.. lol.. since u say your 30km away im trying to estimate where in canada they ship frm.. since im in calgary

Man, they freaking suck. Stealthsims are $100 bucks now NO shipping. Thats just STUPID and a complete RIP-OFF. I understand 60-70 dollars, but 100? come on. I bet it costs like less than 10 to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by starchest View Post
    Man, they freaking suck. Stealthsims are $100 bucks now NO shipping. Thats just STUPID and a complete RIP-OFF. I understand 60-70 dollars, but 100? come on. I bet it costs like less than 10 to make them.

And overcharge shipping by 20 bucks. They are in Markham. This is just pathetic really

I think they're in Oakville, but anyways, i asked them and they said they don't allow pick up, it would be nice if they give us a cheaper shipping method.

Quote Originally Posted by powa View Post
    I think they're in Oakville, but anyways, i asked them and they said they don't allow pick up, it would be nice if they give us a cheaper shipping method.
    I asked them too, they said no. They are in Richmond Hill I think, I am in Oakville.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets see...have you ever heard of the law of supply and demand? They will charge whatever the market will bear. If you didnt thik the card was worth the money, why did you buy it?

It is called free market capitalism. I really dont understand what you are crying about. Their shipping charges are right out front.

Are you telling me that if you could get 140 for something you paid 10 bucks for you would refuse peoples money? The simple fact is you are part of the reason they can charge that much. If no one paid 140, they would lower their price. Didnt anyone teach you about "supply and demand".

Oh wait, are you still in middle school?

LOLOL

Lood, if I could get you to pay me 200 for the card I would take your money all day long and if you wouldnt do the same, you would be a sucker.

hahaha thanks for the ECO100 lesson. I'm saying they're overcharging on shipping and don't even ship out on time.

PS: I'm in 3rd year economics

Quote Originally Posted by jordan_angel View Post
    I dont know why u would complain about stealthsim.ca I bought 2 sims from them and I got them exactly in 3 days, but why did you buy it if you were thinking the price was too high??? i'm curious -anyways I paid 19.99 for shipping plus tax- I don't knoow about u but I found them for more expensive on ebay, so this was pro for me and i even inserted the sim myself did the work myself and I have no clue about hacking n all tht jazz. Neways I think you are badgering dem for no reason- they r da reason my iphones work!!! and if shipping is 19.99 i think thts fair- i got it at my door

peace out y'all.
    ANgel**~~~

You know, some people might think you work for those stealthsim idiots... Your first and only post (so far) is in this thread, defending that company. Tell us, what do you do there? Damage control? Ridicule people who have posted about bad experiences with you on the net?

Judging from your writing skillZ, you probably don't understand the difference between "badgering" and someone telling people of their experience with a company.
    Search NAZI

I agree with you Digital-Oxygen.
    But for Rodol, you knew the shipping charges and you knew the price for stealth sim yet you paid. How come? It sounds like your really complaining about the shipping, you paid on Monday and they sent it on Tuesday, what is there really to complain about? In short, all im saying is you paid the $140 and you will recieve what you paid for, and thats really what you want isn't it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    Lets see...have you ever heard of the law of supply and demand? They will charge whatever the market will bear. If you didnt thik the card was worth the money, why did you buy it?

It is called free market capitalism. I really dont understand what you are crying about. Their shipping charges are right out front.

Are you telling me that if you could get 140 for something you paid 10 bucks for you would refuse peoples money? The simple fact is you are part of the reason they can charge that much. If no one paid 140, they would lower their price. Didnt anyone teach you about "supply and demand".

Oh wait, are you still in middle school?

LOLOL

Lood, if I could get you to pay me 200 for the card I would take your money all day long and if you wouldnt do the same, you would be a sucker.
    Yup, im taking econ in high school and this was one of the first things we learned, they'll charge as high as people will pay for. Great buissness tactics

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSmith View Post
    I agree with you Digital-Oxygen.
    But for Rodol, you knew the shipping charges and you knew the price for stealth sim yet you paid. How come? It sounds like your really complaining about the shipping, you paid on Monday and they sent it on Tuesday, what is there really to complain about? In short, all im saying is you paid the $140 and you will recieve what you paid for, and thats really what you want isn't it?
    they sent it out on wed, because they brought it on tues after the cutoff time so it didn't go out till wed night.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Yup, im taking econ in high school and this was one of the first things we learned, they'll charge as high as people will pay for. Great buissness tactics

No, that would be called "perfect price discrimination", they don't practice that. That would mean that the consumer surplus would be 0. If they did that they would charge everyone their maximum reservation price (max price each individual is willing to pay). What they charge is the max amount where the demand will equal the supply the industry (or firm in this case) will be able to produce/sell.
    Last edited by rodol101; 2007-12-20 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would gladly pay $90 US for a StealthSim, however I don't believe their International shipping fee is reasonable ($70 US isn't it?), so I stay away - and this is probably why alot of people are avoiding them as well.

Change the pricing structure - $150 for the Sim, $15 for Shipping - you will sell alot more.

Just my perception/opinion anyway. Good on them for making a buck though.

Good point. $30 for a envelop shipping is stupid.

if it wasn't the shipping charges being so ridiculous, i might already got mine, especially if they allow pick up. Anyways, I can always wait, i believe everyone on this forum do. There are more alternative sim cards avalible everyday, and the cards will only get cheaper. If they want to earn money ripping off from a few people, instead of selling it cheaper and sell them to large majority of people, it's their call really.

just my 2 cents

Yeah pretty much the same thing happened to a friend but in Australia.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What are the alternatives ..... Turbo SIM that ships once a week if you are lucky...I dont know guys but it is better to pay for Stealth than Turbo SIM.