Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lucky Mac X Users (Unlock for 1.1.2 OTB), when does Windows get a turn?

Unhappy Lucky Mac X Users (Unlock for 1.1.2 OTB), when does Windows get a turn?
    Incase nobody has seen this yet.

http://windows-mobiles.com/?p=126

SO IS THIS it an unlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

i don't think so i'm pretty sure this only jailbreaks and activates, but i would LOVE to be proven wrong

Ohh

IM getting so pissed its taking so bloody long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it does mention "1.1.2 OTB unlock solution" though

it only offers to install anysim on the phone, still no way to unlock an otb 1.1.2. it does activate 1.1.2 and jailbreak but you have to downgrade to 1.0.2 first

I think they are gonna make anysim for otb 1.1.2 a SUPRISE!!

bcoz usually the jailbreaking program comes 1 week before he unlocking program anyone with me?

powa is right the blog does mention a 1.1.2 OTB unlock solution
    not sure if it's a mistake or if there actually is one. i've used independence in the past and as far as i know there's no unlock feature or solutions only activation, jailbreak, and ssh installation

no, even the past version of independence offered anysim install, but it was the same anysim everyone else had. the blog was wrong, no OTB unlock

Well, if you go to independence google code site http://code.google.com/p/independence/ they do mention that there were some cases that otb phones worked.... but they made so references... doesn't hurt to try if anyone got some laying around....

If I helped you in anyway, show some love! hit the thanks button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone tried this yet?
    Unable to restore signature. Error (1015)

i just downloaded it to have a look and it does have the install anysim option so i dunno?

as far as i know the current anysim version cannot unlock an OTB 1.1.2 phone. so unless this program has some magical iphone powers i doubt it

It's worth a try. Could have the latest Anysim. Who knows.

It says it Auto detects the right anysim for your iphone.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 2007-12-18 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i already tried, long time ago (few hours ago) like I said, it doesnt seem to work. I downgraded an OTB 1.1.2 phone to 1.0.2 to do the prefirmware crap, then when I tried to update it errored out with 1603 I believe and got stuck on the apple logo. if you disect the package you will see the anysim is just 1.1.2u

and when you open anysim it even says 1.1.2u (upgraded phones only)
    Last edited by jacobzking; 2007-12-18 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobzking For This Useful Post:

brainfood (2007-12-18)

OK then.

So if you jailbreak using independence you don't have to downgrade right?

no, you have to downgrade to 1.0.2 then use the pre-firmware mod, just you you did to go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 It takes longer in my opinion than restoring to 1.1.1 and running oktoprep.

then why would the say it unlocks OTB 1.1.2? Actually I guess it doesn't say that, huh? But it almost implies that. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.
    Last edited by falconeyez; 2007-12-18 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687 View Post
    powa is right the blog does mention a 1.1.2 OTB unlock solution
    not sure if it's a mistake or if there actually is one. i've used independence in the past and as far as i know there's no unlock feature or solutions only activation, jailbreak, and ssh installation
    No it doesn't actually. It says Independence works with OTB 1.1.2 (probably meaning jailbeaking/activation) and that it has a 1.1.2 unlock solution. (not a OTB 1.1.2 unlock solution)
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Well, if you go to independence google code site http://code.google.com/p/independence/ they do mention that there were some cases that otb phones worked.... but they made so references... doesn't hurt to try if anyone got some laying around....
    I noticed that iNdependence was updated with that statement. Too bad they did not make a notion whether or not it is true. Pisses me off!

Banned
    Thanks

well its quit obviuos.....xmas= 1.1.2 OTB unlock....if not...im buying a hyper card