Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hypercard review

Default Hypercard review
    I picked up 10 of these preprogrammed. They work really great. They are single sim cards so all you do is clip off a corner of your sim with regular old scissors, attach them to the hypercard using the mounting tape included, and insert the hypercard attached sim into the phone. It's not like the double sim models where you have to cut the crap out of your sim card. Instead, it just requires a quick snip off the end. Card prep takes about 20 seconds, and the cards can still work in other phones. It is a tight fit but it works. The phone works immediately. The best thing is if you use the jailbreak package from Conceited software (http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip), it activates your phone with a patched lockdownd so you don't have to fiddle with iasign or anything. The hypercards are preprogrammed so you won't have to load turbotools or anything like with turbosim. Currently, this type of sim method is the only way to get your out of box 1.1.2 onto another carrier's network.

The sim card attaches to the hypercard using some sticky tape that comes on the hypercard. It can be removed, but it is meant to be a permanent mount. The hypersim and sim card are now one. If you move your sim card to another phone (even a non-iPhone) you leave the hypercard attached. I was able to put the hypercard attached sim into a razr v3 and it worked fine there, too.

If anyone cares, I got these from dotconsole.com (http://www.dotconsole.com/Hyper_Card..._p/hyperv2.htm). They're only $65 there and ship from the USA. If you are a USA buyer, this is the best way to get them so you don't have to wait for shipping from Taiwan.

If anyone gets any and has questions on use, you can find help in #iphone on efnet.

PS: No, I do not work for dotconsole.com and I do not get anything for posting this.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 2007-12-18 at 07:45 AM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

I have ordered about 40 from that site and they all work great.. Takes me about a minute to prep people's cards and insert it into the iPhone slot with the cards.

$65 sure beats Turbo Cards for $130 lol.

Good job on all the dev. work you do for the scene BigBoss

Cudos
    Last edited by rot; 2007-12-18 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Wanted to expand upon what i was trying to convey

So the simcard won't function correctly without the Hypercard once attached?

I am planning to get an iPhone that will run like this but I will want to swap my sim back into my Motorola V3X for a party/camping etc phone...

Sweet i might get one of this instead of a stealthsim.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    I have ordered about 40 from that site and they all work great.. Takes me about a minute to prep people's cards and insert it into the iPhone slot with the cards.

$65 sure beats Turbo Cards for $130 lol.

Good job on all the dev. work you do for the scene BigBoss

Cudos
    seriously.

you have also registered an account here "dotconsole.com" using the email address [email protected]. You're the one selling these and claim to have ordered 40 of these from that site. which you own or work for.

I don't know if what you are selling is legit, but your actions make me question your integrity.

pathetic.

pretty cool that site sells a phone with software people release for free, and they make money off it.. COOL

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post

I was responding to the post of the hyper-card from Eric.. Not my own site... and giving bigboss credit to his work on the software he has developed for the iPhone.. However it didnt post from my first edit so it looked like what I was commenting on was dotconsole and not the hyper-card site..

See the other hyper card reveiw..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

um exactly what other site is in this thread to buy these from other than your own, since you picked up 40 from "that site"

so you are saying markmon aka bigboss is the creator of this product, and has come on modmyi to promote himself and promote your site, his client for the sales of his product? and that you felt the need to make a useraccount that doesn't appear to be linked to your site in order to craftily promote the product which you sell?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Wow, you have to advertise yourself as your customers to sell your product? Nice job bud.

well regardless of he's trying to sell his stuff on the forum or not, does it really work? 65 bucks compare to turbosims and maybe stealth sim is just great alternative, so anyone other than this poster can confirm this?

So the simcard won't function correctly without the Hypercard once attached?

I am planning to get an iPhone that will run like this but I will want to swap my sim back into my Motorola V3X for a party/camping etc phone...
    No, it will work. But it attaches with some adhesive. The hypercard comes with a layer of paper you peel off then its sticky. You attach your sim card to this then they become one. You can separate it but the more you do that then the less sticky it becomes. Anyway, you should be able to put your sim card with hypercard still attached into your V3X and it should work. A friend of mine did that when his iPhone died. Hypercard attached to tmobile sim in a motorola razr v3 worked fine.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

can you post some pictures installing hypercard?

i just bought one, will give it a try as soon as I receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by bloo View Post
    can you post some pictures installing hypercard?
    yeah, can we see some pics please?
    Last edited by jacobzking; 2007-12-19 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah can someone post pictures for installation?

Doing a video now...

You will want a dual sim then...

Bigboss didnt create this product its made by hypercard,, I was talking about I picked up 40 units from Hypercard and am selling them from dotconsole.com they sold out in 2 days.

I was saying cudos to bigboss on all the software he has written for the iPhone in his repository...

Talka bout jumping to conclusions..
    Last edited by DotConsole.Com; 2007-12-20 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DotConsole.Com For This Useful Post:

rodinman
    thanks. I will place my order as soon as you get some back in stock..
    Last edited by rodinman; 2007-12-21 at 12:49 AM.

I got a hypercard from a guy in Vancouver. Can't get it to work, everything else works on the phone, but it's not unlock.

I got this from Craigslist Las Vegas,Not sure what to believe?
    Re:Iphone 1.1.2 otb unlock
    Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2007-12-17, 2:05PM

Anyone telling you that they can unlock the new 1.1.2 phone is lying to you. The only way that it can be done is with turbosim, which is not a true unlock. As a matter of fact it can just relock itself at anytime, do not trust this. Just wait until the real unlock comes out, it should be ready by the middle of jan, when apple updates the software again. Once again if you do not want to destroy your $400.00 phone do not have it unlocked yet!!!!!!!!!!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/512359466.html
    -

i ordered my hypercard the day before yesterday and it still hasnt shipped, I PMed "dotconsole.com" on here and havent gotten a response. Not looking good so far.

SCREW this im gonna stick the the software unlock.
    http://www.iphoneunlocked.eu/#

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast