Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 Unlock question

Default 1.1.2 Unlock question
    Hi I have a 1.1.1 jailbreaked with a ATT SIM if I upgrade to 1.1.2 and unlock with anySIM 1.2u Can I still use the ATT SIM right? Do I need to mod the lockdownd to be able to swap SIm cards? If I do a Restore I get a Factory phone or do I have to virginize thanks!!

why do you need to unlock it, if you use ATT sim?

Thanks

If your on AT&T you have no need to unlock, unless for travel. you can update and run anySIM 1.2 by following the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    why do you need to unlock it, if you use ATT sim?
    I will be traveling to Europe in a few months and I want to use my iPhone over there!! I saw the guide and I understand the steps!! But My question really is If a do a Restore I get a "FACTORY STATE" iPhone or do I need to virginaze it? Also I have saw some people have trouble when they unlock whit the ATT Sim but when they insrt the other carrier SIM it Said Invalid SIM!! Do I need to replace the lockdownd file to be able to swap Sims?

Quote Originally Posted by kanekero View Post
    I will be traveling to Europe in a few months and I want to use my iPhone over there!! I saw the guide and I understand the steps!! But My question really is If a do a Restore I get a "FACTORY STATE" iPhone or do I need to virginaze it? Also I have saw some people have trouble when they unlock whit the ATT Sim but when they insrt the other carrier SIM it Said Invalid SIM!! Do I need to replace the lockdownd file to be able to swap Sims?
    for your 1st question about restoring is no. As far as im aware of, restoring a unlock phone doesnt get u a Factory state phone. need to viginize it. which is very simple if you use i.unlock BB downgrade from installer. the steps can be found on their website, then restore. about your sim i dont know. Hope some1 else can answer that for u. I would guess if its unlocked then any sim should work but i only use t-mobile sim in mine so i cant be sure about any other carrier sim.