Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: " New sim detected" - Issues OVERSEAS with UNLOCKED V 1.1.1

Default " New sim detected" - Issues OVERSEAS with UNLOCKED V 1.1.1
    Okay, so about a week back i unlocked my uncles iphone for him beacuse he was going overseas for vacation and wanted to use it, as far as the unlock went, it was succsessfull, we tried a tmobile sim in it and it worked.

But now hes overseas and he says when he puts the sim in , it just goes " NEW SIM DETECTED, and then it proceeds to the " Connect to Itunes to activate)

as fas as i knew it was unlocked and activated, working and tested with both tmobile and at&t.

He cant even make a call or get a signal, just goes new sim detected, no signal no calls no nothing..

as far as my knowledge on gsm and unlocking goes, an unlock is an unlock, if it worked with GSM Tmobile in the states, why isnt it working with this new provider in an overseas countery.

- so far iv told him to just try, a different service provider in that country, maybe its a signal issue with the serivce provider he got in the overseas country..

help me..asap please.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sounds like a lockdownd problem. How did you activate the iPhone?

what is the firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by gu014 View Post
    sounds like a lockdownd problem. How did you activate the iPhone?

what is the firmware?
    well he had 1.1.1 b4, and was an AT&T legit iphone customer, and he wanted to take it overseas.. so i just told him to jailbreak using jailbreakme.com

and then install any sim.. and it was unlocked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would advise doing a restore.

Then activate using the *#307# method and run jailbreakme.com.
    Last edited by gu014; 2007-12-14 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gu014 View Post
    I would advise doing a restore.

Then activate using the *#307# method and run jailbreakme.com.
    hmm so just do a complete restore and just go thru with the dialer/ jailbreak me trick:?

u think that the ACtivation from before is causing trouble?.. the at&t activation he had? , cause i just had him jailbreak and install anysim with the at and t activated iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I could not guarantee this is the issue. However, it would be my next step.

Ok, I have the same problem and have unlocked my phone , I think the right way,
    Heres what I got, 1.0.2 original usa iphone. unlocked using anysim 1.0.2 and jailbreak of course, I have att but didnt sign no fuckin contract and also need it for overseas use, seeing as i live in the uk now. ( i got the phone while working in the usa when it came out) I tried the orange sim while in theusa and it worked fine9 of course it uses the t mobile network while in the states) but it worked, called texted and checked voice mail...
    Now while in the Uk. my att sim works, ( of course on the o2 network, at extremely high rates) but my orange sim does not work, i get this message...incorrect sim, the iphone must be used with an approved sim) ....
    any help would be awesome?
    thx
    later