View Poll Results: Do you think there will be an unlock for 1.1.2 for X-mas?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probably.

66 34.55%
  • Probably Not.

96 50.26%
  • How about some patience little man.

29 15.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do you think there will be an unlock for 1.1.2 for X-mas?

Default Do you think there will be an unlock for 1.1.2 for X-mas?
    Do you think there will be an unlock for 1.1.2 for X-mas? Just curious what the thoughts are of the people on this forum. This is pure speculation and obviously doesn't really mean anything... Just purely curious.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No
    I have seen nothing from the much vaunted "dev team" so I would guess no unlock method is forthcoming. Recall in the past the breathless reports emanating from their site informing the community of their every discovery. This problem seems to have them stumped.

Thanks

Conjecture serves no useful purpose. It comes when it comes.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I know it serves no purpose... I guess I apologize for such a post, but I just wanted to see how hopeful people were being. I know everyone wnats to see it.

But those that want to see it and those that think it will come out are two different groups. I also feel that positive community thoughts can sometime help sway the way things go. Almost like karma. I am not going to get into a debate about that though...

Like I said mainly - just curious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twiggs462 View Post
    I also feel that positive community thoughts can sometime help sway the way things go. Almost like karma. I am not going to get into a debate about that though...

Like I said mainly - just curious.
    You read the book 'The Secret' didn't you

no what book it that... I have read tons of others

Life, isn't it grand. Here's a good saying:

"It's a gift, that's why they call it the present"

Thanks

The Secret tries to show the basic concept that if you concentrate and think about something long enough and hard enough, it happens.

Yes but plz be more patien! will be have gift on X-mas time for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nombatca View Post
    Yes but plz be more patien! will be have gift on X-mas time for you.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    The Secret tries to show the basic concept that if you concentrate and think about something long enough and hard enough, it happens.
    I believe in that concept. Sort of like the power of suggestion.
    Last edited by twiggs462; 2007-12-13 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Check your horoscope.

Thanks

Do you believe in Santa Claus too? If positive thinking really worked there'd be an unlock by now.

The good thing about positive thinking is that it gives people the illusion that they are doing something. Perhaps they have a point. Unless the devs are working VERY hard in complete secrecy, I would venture a guess that your positive thinking IS the only thing being done right now.

The bootloader issue is is HUGE guys. The proof is the fact we have no unlock yet. Remember how fast it came when the firmware was upgraded?

And no, my comments arent going to disturb the Karma. They will however provide an excuse for those in denial.

I wish the "devs" well. They did great work in the past and they did it relatively fast. I just cant help remembering how busy their site was back in the 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 days. I miss it.

I think there is a corelation between the lack of real progress and the proliferation of middle school facebook style polls.
    Last edited by taylorcold; 2007-12-13 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madrich View Post
    Check your horoscope.
    nice one

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    Do you believe in Santa Claus too? If positive thining really worked there'd be an unlock by now.

The good thing about positive thinking is that it gives people the illusion that they are doing something. Perhaps they have a point. Unless the devs are working VERY hard in complete secrecy, I would venture a guess that your positive thinking IS the only thing being done right now.

The bootloader issue is is HUGE guys. The proof is the fact we have no unlock yet. Remember how fast it came when the firmware was upgraded?

And no, my comments arent going to disturb the Karma. They will however provide an excuse for those in denial.

I wish the "devs" well. They did great work in the past and they did it relatively fast. I just cant help remembering how busy their site was back in the 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 days. I miss it.

I think there is a corelation between the lack of real progress and the proliferation of middle school facebook style polls.
    Didn't mean to get flamed here on this one... I was just spinning off of what Eurisko said. So I guess we can end the comments.
    Last edited by twiggs462; 2007-12-13 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I wasnt flaming you twiggs. No offense meant.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    I wasnt flaming you twiggs. No offense meant.
    ok cool. not that my feeling were hurt or anything... but man I am getting way too anxious - I just bought an stealthSIM, because i don't want x-mas to get here an me not have an iphone to use...

Everyones a smart a$$
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

You obviously mean OTB 1.1.2 Because 1.1.2 itself for upgraded phones has been unlocked for a while

developers developers developers

Default It will be
    There are a lot of great minds out there, and there will be an unlock sometime in the near future. All that apple has done is given those great minds a challenge. It has been a cat mouse game from the beginning, the cat has the advantage at the moment, but the mouse will always win. If you need a iphone so bad go sign up at [email protected] Just have patience patience patience. Instead of wishing, just try being patience.

PROABBALY NOT becasue it probably wont even come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys you have 2 choices
    **wait for ever
    or

**go and get a stealthsim.

People who voted probably think before you talk. :]
    Last edited by yowiphone; 2007-12-15 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

It comes when it comes, were not hiding anything, were in the same position as you are, so give it a little time I'll hope for Christmas but im not keeping my hopes up, i'll just keep checking.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

raquiros (2007-12-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast