Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this 1.1.2 OTB Unlock Legit??

Thanks

Default Is this 1.1.2 OTB Unlock Legit??
    Can someone let me know if this is legit or not??

There's a person with a youtube vid showing a 1.1.2 phone being unlocked without using TurboSim, etc. The vid is at: [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ryVPX39Emg4"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ryVPX39Emg4[/ame]

I just emailed him/her saying that if the phone in the vid was actually a 1.1.2 OTB with 4.6 bootloader, I would definitely pony up the cash for instructions on how to do it. I just received this response:

----------------

On Dec 12, 2007 12:32 PM, Let My iPhone Be <[email protected]> wrote:

"Since it's a phone with B/L 4.6, we have to do it from here. We connect it first to AT&T and then perform the unlock from there. We've been unlocking phones from all over the world -- Europe, Australia, Middle East and Asia... The cost for unlocking is $25 plus shipping costs -- our turn around time is 24 hours. We're located in Los Angeles, CA. Thanks."

---------------

It sounds rather sketch, but I'm getting pretty desperate at this point.

Thanks for your help....

UPDATE:

I emailed this person again, asking if there was any way he could just send instructions so I could unlock it without sending the phone to LA. I received this response:

"I cannot send you instructions for unlocking B/L 4.6 because the phone has to be physically connected to our system for 2 hours (reflashing time)."

Does this seem in any way possible?? Or am I getting a bootload of B.S.?
    Last edited by dorko76; 2007-12-12 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dorko76 For This Useful Post:

bozzakwebmaster (2007-12-13)

I'm curious as to whether or not this is legit. I need another iPhone for personal use. My current one is both for personal use as well as for modding. I would really like my current one for a dedicated modding phone and the other as my personal use phone only.

Thanks

BS. There's no way to verify its actually the new bootloader, and he's done nothing on the video to prove its anything but an upgraded 1.1.2 from an earlier version.

"Since it's a phone with B/L 4.6, we have to do it from here." Really? Why? You built your own computers to handle software that apparently you're saying only works on those computers? Gotta love these guys dashing hopes with their bogus crap.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-12 at 08:36 PM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

dorko76 (2007-12-12), Riccio76 (2007-12-13)

Thanks

Default thanks.
    I guess I figured as much. With lots of desperate people out there like me, there's no shortage of vultures, I guess. What's next, the church?

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey I can unlock your OTB 1.1.2. Send it to me. No Promises you will ever see your phone again!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris52204 View Post
    Hey I can unlock your OTB 1.1.2. Send it to me. No Promises you will ever see your phone again!!!!!
    really? do you have a po box i can ship it to? I'm going to send 5, is that OK? how much do you charge each?

That guy could at least wash his hands a bit--dirt bag

Banned
    Thanks

didnt some guy in germany connect a phone to his servers and unlock the OTB 1.1.2. THis COULD be the guy from germany or one of his customers.

Do you notice he doesn't show us his "45 and up" Serial number?

Thanks

Default It was a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
    really? do you have a po box i can ship it to? I'm going to send 5, is that OK? how much do you charge each?
    I was just kidding. I said there is no promises you will ever see your iPhone again. Meaning if your willing to trust this guy and send your iPhone to him be prepared to never see it again....lol

Thanks

Default Full disclosure - the entire email exchange with the 'unlocker' in question
    I am the original poster of this thread, and the fact that I publicly questioned the integrity of the person in question prompted him to send me a rather angry email a couple of hours ago.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am posting all of the emails he and I exchanged. (I had cleaned up his broken english and typos in my original post. Below is the unfiltered version.)

The exchange is in reverse chronological order.

Make of them what you will:

----------------------

On Dec 12, 2007 5:26 PM, Let My iPhone Be <[email protected]> wrote:
    Dir sir,
    i just suggested you to sand money to you brother would i do that i would try to scam you???!!!!!!!!!
    i bought this software for freaking $2500 why would i just send it to you???!!!!!
    i am making my living in a very honest way, think about that before you go and post **** about people you don't know

On Dec 12, 2007 10:57 AM, Let My iPhone Be <[email protected]> wrote:
    i suggest that you will transfer money to him cause he can get an unlocked iphone from France
    i cannot sand you instructions for boot loader 4.6 it has to be connected to our system for 2 hours (reflashing time)

On Dec 12, 2007 10:35 AM, W. Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
    Thanks for your response. What guarantees do I have that you'll send it back? I'm unlocking it to give to my brother in France as a Xmas present so he can use it with his current Sim card. I'm willing to pay you much more if there's any way you can give me instructions on how to do it remotely from where I am (Chicago).

On Dec 12, 2007 12:32 PM, Let My iPhone Be <[email protected]> wrote:
    you can sand us your phone We have to do it Here for B/L 4.6 because we have to connect it first to att and then unlock it,
    we unlock phone from all over the world Europe, Australia, middle east and Asia...
    if you want to ship it you will have to pay for the shipping + $25, our turn around is 24 hours
    We are located in los angeles ca usa

On Dec 12, 2007 10:27 AM, W. Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hi, I saw your youtube video and am very willing to pay you in return for letting me know how you unlocked your iPhone. I just bought an iPhone ( 1.1.2, with the new 4.6 bootloader) and am unable to unlock it unless I buy a TurboSim or other hardware solution. Was your phone originally running on the 1.1.2 firmware and the 4.6 bootloader?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dorko76 For This Useful Post:

trafficman08 (2007-12-20)

Thanks

If this guy was for real then why would he get mad? You were just asking people to justify if he was legit. Also why have none of us heard of this program reflasher or whatever it is he has? Once again probably a fake.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chris52204 For This Useful Post:

dorko76 (2007-12-13)

this is a 1.1.2 update from 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 . I want to see the bootloader 4.6.

Thanks

Im calling not true, no proof that its out of the box.

Thanks

Default the saga continues
    Apparently the person in question is an avid reader of this forum.

He emailed me shortly after my last post, justified his poor English on the fact that he's Italian (fair enough), questioned my own skills in the Italian language (I never made fun of him...), and he attached a photo that he requested I post to this board.

So, here you go....

-img1037.jpg

What do we make of all this? Is there a $2,500 piece of equipment that could possibly do what he claims? It still shows the At&T logo...

Default Hello
    i post that video, i emailed that guy, and yes i unlock 4.6 b/L
    and if anybody doesn't believe me, well no one asked you to so...
    FYI- i bought the software in Germany for $2500 and i made my money back all ready and still going strong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1037.jpg  

Why does it show AT&T then? That could just be a legitimately activated AT&T 1.1.2 iPhone.

I have Att Tmobile and verizon but here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1038.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by LetMyiPhoneBe View Post
    i post that video, i emailed that guy, and yes i unlock 4.6 b/L
    and if anybody doesn't believe me, well no one asked you to so...
    FYI- i bought the software in Germany for $2500 and i made my money back all ready and still going strong

Well, that's great... make your money you pr.i.ck... Here we are struggling to get our oob iphones to work, and here you are showing off your money making scam.

How about giving the world an early Christmas present?? Give us proof that it works... share your knowledge...

Sorry I'm being harsh but god!
    Last edited by bozzakwebmaster; 2007-12-13 at 05:11 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bozzakwebmaster For This Useful Post:

dorko76 (2007-12-13)

I have 1.1.2 unlocked t-mobile but upgraded. looks the same as mine. not getting how these pictures are showing proof of 4.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast