Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: StealthSim Unlock ??????????????

Default StealthSim Unlock ??????????????
    I have a week 48 1.1.2 OTB thats been downgraded to 1.1.1 and then, down to 1.0.2 jailbroken and back up to 1.1.1. I used the jailbreak from conceited software (links everywhere) and I brickr I installed the StealthSim card using my older Tmobile sim (back when they were Voicestream) it's got to be 4 years old at least. My iphone registered "NO SIM" in the top left corner.

I have a newer Tmobile sim (about 1.5 years old) went and installed it and it now does not have a "NO SIM" showing but, I have a red dot over the PHONE and VOICEMAIL icons and it shows like I have service (5 dots nect to the wifi signal and then switches to "NO SERVICE"

Did I miss a step here??? Do I need to upgrade to 1.1.2??? Am I SOL???

I hope that giving the info about the older sims helps...

UPDATE!!! All is good... I updated to 1.1.2 and used the newer sim from Tmobile and I have an unlocked phone using a stealthsim.
    Last edited by xrover; 2007-12-11 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you serious?
    When i put my tmobile sim card with the stealth sim it just says No SIM and it stays like that forever.. I have a jailbroken OTB 1.1.2...
    help please
    Like what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!

Default Makre the metallic leads are lined up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bebex View Post
    Are you serious?
    When i put my tmobile sim card with the stealth sim it just says No SIM and it stays like that forever.. I have a jailbroken OTB 1.1.2...
    help please

I mean, "make sure the metallic leads are lined up."

Yeah for sure, it does do that... I had the same problem, and was puzzled, but taking a closer look at the my t-mobile sim and how the stealth sim lines up with it, you can see that you need to make sure that the metal face of the sim chip and the stealth sim are touching. In my case, it wasn't and had to make a little wider of a cut from my sim chip and try to line it up a little to the right a little to ensure the metal faces of both were touching, and sho-nuff it worked.

I got it to work!
    i had to tell tmobile that i lost my sim card so they gave me a newer version one which the stealth sim only seems to work with.. Everything works(including edge) except for visual voice mail..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    what did you do to get edge to work?

I have the same problem. HELP! This is my 5fth try & it still says NO SIM! I am trying to align the metal chip to my Sim Card & still not being detected. Should I downgrade to 1.1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by milkmedia View Post
    what did you do to get edge to work?
    actuallu nothing, it worked as soon as i put it in..